We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Visit

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
staffs
reviews: 99
1st Visit

This is going to be our first visit to Jordan and we are looking at this area to have a part sight seeing and part resting Holiday. I can't find any direct flight from the UK, anyonme done it. Also what is the temperature likely to be in early November for seimming etc. I suppose we will be able to arrange a day trip to some of the sights. We like to make a first visit as an experience and then go back and do a sight each time. What's it like for snorkelling, any sharks?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Odense
reviews: 12
1. Re: 1st Visit

You can fly EasyJet from Gatwick to Amman

Aqaba, Jordan
reviews: 7
2. Re: 1st Visit

I am surprised you can not find any direct flights;

Royal Jordanian has daily flights from London Heathrow

BMI has daily flights from LHR

as mentioned; EasyJet also has direct flights into Amman.

no sharks in Aqaba,,,, happy snorkeling ...........

cioa

A99

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
reviews: 1
3. Re: 1st Visit

The only direct flights into Aqaba come from Belgium, otherwise nearly all international flights arrive in Amman. You can get a free connecting flight to Aqaba with RJ if you fly with them, but the problem is that the times don't usually connect and you have to spend the night in Amman.

staffs
4. Re: 1st Visit

Thank you for your help is Amman worth a visit, if we were to take that route. I ment to say I was looking for flights from Manchester. I can get a flight from here to Brussels and connect there, so thank you to all.

Aqaba
reviews: 2
5. Re: 1st Visit

You didn't mention how long you plan to stay in Jordan. Some sites (Jerash, Dead Sea, Madaba, Mount Nebo) are easier to visit from Amman than from Aqaba. So if you can fit these into your schedule, you might consider to take a flight to Amman.

Melbourne
reviews: 22
6. Re: 1st Visit

In a short response

Go to Amman and consider EsTeh 's post very carefully-

have a great trip

Don

staffs
7. Re: 1st Visit

Thank you.

8. Re: 1st Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba