We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba or from Tala Bay to Taba

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 13
Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba or from Tala Bay to Taba

We booked a hotel in Tala Bay. On the hotel's web site they list the fast ferry from the Tala Bay marina to Taba.

Is it reasonable to plan take this ferry?

I had read in other posts that now the Tala Bay/Taba ferry is just for groups and or there is a requirement to buy a round trip ticket. Is this true? The Sinbad site doesn't have information.

Is the real option the ferry between Aqaba and Nuweiba? And if so, will it make sense to book a hotel in Aqaba instead?

Thanks

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
reviews: 2
1. Re: Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba or from Tala Bay to Taba

This ferry is news to me, and given the recent announcement about the new buses from Aqaba to Petra and Wadi Rum (supposed to start service in August and still not operating) I am distinctly sceptical.

Certainly Sindbad operates from the Aqaba marina in the centre of the town.

Ferries go to Nuweiba from Aqaba port which is closer to Tala Bay than from the town - Tala Bay is not more than 15 minutes from Aqaba anyway - I see no special reason why you should change a hotel because of this.

California
reviews: 13
2. Re: Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba or from Tala Bay to Taba

Thanks for the info!

Great advice! I can see that the reliable sources of information are the experts!

Funny how the ferry info is so confusing to us novices.

3. Re: Ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba or from Tala Bay to Taba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 15, 2011