We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa info for entering Jordan at Aqaba

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ROSSLAND
reviews: 10
visa info for entering Jordan at Aqaba

I will be taking the ferry from Egypt to Aqaba and need to know if I can get a visa upon entering Jordan there or do I have to get one prior to arriving? I am a Canadian citizen. I telephoned the Jordan consulate in Canada and they told me I was unable to obtain a visa upon entering Jordan at Aqaba but the Lonely Planet says I should be able to get one. Has anyone done this?

Amman, Jordan
reviews: 1
1. Re: visa info for entering Jordan at Aqaba

First time I have heard that !

I don't believe their is any problem at all. UK, US, European Union - and as far as I know Canadian citizens can take their visa easily upon arrival.

You have a Canadian Embassy in Amman - if you really

want to be sure, call them, they are very helpful.

They are closed until next Sunday for the Eid Al Adha holidays though.

Don't worry unduly.

Aqaba
reviews: 2
2. Re: visa info for entering Jordan at Aqaba

No, you can still get the visa upon entering Jordan. Moreover, it is free of charge if you enter at Aqaba.

I personally think that the Jordanian consulates around the world trying to convince you to get the visa from them so that you pay the fee to them.

They did the same in Hungary.

3. Re: visa info for entering Jordan at Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, August 26, 2009