We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Visas on arrival to Aqaba from Nieweba???

Which Aqaba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 1
Getting Visas on arrival to Aqaba from Nieweba???

Is it easy and quicka dn cheap to get Visa for Jordan on the ferry or do you have to que up for hours on arrival?

Also how much is the visa?

Just wondering if it is worth paying more and getting it first in Australia ( $40) each

please advise

Also should we hire a guide for Petra or wing it with our trusty LP

Sporka

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 26
1. Re: Getting Visas on arrival to Aqaba from Nieweba???

It is free, but not quick. You hand over your passport on the boat and they will hold onto it until you arrive at immigration in Aqaba. At that point, someone from the boat will show up with the handful of passports that need visas and you'll get a free visa. However, it was a 1.5 hour wait for the passports to show up at immigration in Aqaba when I went through last month. From what I could tell, the holdup was boat-related, not Jordanian immigration related.

The ferry/immigration experience was a 9 hour ordeal from the time we arrived at the dock in Nuweiba to arrival at our hotel in Aqaba. And that wasn't unusually long, according to our tour leader. If you're in a time crunch, get the visa ahead of time - it could save you an hour or two during an already long day.

Also, I can't say enough bad things about this ferry experience so if you haven't already, I would recommend considering other transport options. See post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293985-i2131-k163…

Re: petra - we had a guide for 1/2 day and spent the rest of the day exploring on our own. This worked out well. I would recommend a guide for at least part of the time to point out things that you might otherwise miss. Our guide also showed us where to get the best photos and provided advice about how to spend the rest of our day at Petra. We had a great time!

Hope this helps,

Carrie

2. Re: Getting Visas on arrival to Aqaba from Nieweba???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:54 pm, April 15, 2008
3. Re: Getting Visas on arrival to Aqaba from Nieweba???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Aqaba