We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jollyboys

Lansing, Michigan
reviews: 10
Jollyboys

I'm a little confused what the difference is between Jollyboys Backpackers and Jollyboys Camp. I tried figuring it out on my own but still don't really understand. We will be five medical students traveling through Vic Falls, spending three nights there. Which site is better? Thanks for your help!

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia
1. Re: Jollyboys

I looked this up as I was curious- I have stayed at Jollyboys Backpackers before.

It seems the camp is a just a new site, located a bit less centrally, but offering camping facitlities as well as rooms. It looks very new so I doubt anyone can give you a comparison.

I stayed at the original one and found it very noisy- the dorms all open onto a central seating area where a large group decided to party loudly until the early hours, after the bar had closed. I wasn't really a fan. If it were my choice I'd go with the camp, on the basis that being out of town it might be a bit more spaced out and quiet, but then the noisy group were medical students so perhaps you'll be right at home at the backpackers.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 55
2. Re: Jollyboys

We have stayed at the original Jollyboys on several trips. We stayed in our tent in a small patch next to other tenters but had access to the self catering kitchen and the rest. Met interesting people there each time and just put in earplugs when it was time to go to sleep. In researching for trip later this year also noticed the new campsite page hope to give it a look later this year but also hope that they still allow camping on the grounds of the main hostel.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 55
3. Re: Jollyboys

Vic Falls is in Zimbabwe, and both Jollyboys are in Livingstone. Assuming you misspoke. Was also noticing that Jollyboys has an additonal property now. Have not been but did find this review of the Campsite which compares it with the original and it just might help clarify things for you: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298089-d949…

In the past on several trips we have camped at the Original Jollyboys and hope they still allow it. The original location is great because it is walking distance to currency exchange, grocery and other shops.

The pool area and garden area gives the place a kind of resort feel, a welcome oasis after hours on long bus rides, etc. We had friends who stayed in the rooms and were not impressed but liked the price sooooo.......

Edited: 4:44 pm, March 04, 2013
Swansea, United...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Jollyboys

ive stayed at both with a group of students and have to say i like both but preferte jolly boys camp - its a little further away from the town centre but has good facilities and accomodation. i loved the little huts at the jollyboys packpackers tho! i think they both give very good service!

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 36
5. Re: Jollyboys

Hi. You say jolly boys camp is a little further away from town and I know it is self catering. Is there groceries nearby or is it a trip to town? Can you walk to town or is it a taxi trip? Keen to stay with family but want to ensure we can get food/ supplies easily as will probably be without car. Thanks

Lusaka, Zambia
reviews: 2
6. Re: Jollyboys

Jollyboys Camp is still in Livingstone, but not in town centre. It's on the other side of the railway tracks (a little closer to the tracks than I'd like) but still under 1km from the shops. The Shoprite is probably your best bet for groceries.

7. Re: Jollyboys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 07, 2014