We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to make cheap phone calls

Which Livingstone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
reviews: 2
How to make cheap phone calls

I just checked with my phone carrier in the United States, T-Mobile, and learned that roaming in Zambia will cost me a whopping $4.99/minute. I thought South Africa was bad at $1.99. Does anyone have any advice how to make cheap phone calls inside Zambia and from South Africa to Zambia? Can I purchase a sim card in South Africa that will work in both contries?

Thanks!

The Hague, The...
reviews: 79
1. Re: How to make cheap phone calls

Hi there,

you can easily buy a simcard in Livingstone. There's a sim/phone shop on the main road. I don't remember the price exactly. I also know that it works with some sort of creditpoints. If you don't have any credits left, you can buy new ones at the shop. It's not really expensive to call or text in Zambia, compared to the price you pay with an american simcard.

I don't know if you can also use that same simcard in south africa...

Hope you can find more info! Maybe also on simcards you can buy in south africa!

Good luck!

-Marlies

Birmingham
reviews: 47
2. Re: How to make cheap phone calls

I am told that the cost will be 32 p per minute using the Orange network, on our normal phone.

3. Re: How to make cheap phone calls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 26, 2009