We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Which Phan Thiet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Hi,

We are planning to take the SE6 train from SaiGon to Phan Rang (Muong Man), and then on the way back to take the SPT1 train from Phan Thiet to HCMC.

Does anyone know if we need to buy our tickets in advance? Or is it normal to just turn up at the train station on the day and get them? There are 10 of us, and we would not want anyone to be left out.

Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Though I'd doubt if you can't get your tickets upon arrival, I would personally advise you to book well in advance before you go so as to make sure that you're assigned to the same carrier and compartments.

That said, if I were traveling with a group of 10, I would never hesitate to make prior reservations, for peace of mind at least.

Malaysia
2. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Yup, it would be good to get seats all together. What I'm worried is that if I book online and get to my hotel in HCMC, the tickets aren't there waiting for us. We have a very short trip to Vietnam and want to take the train the day after we arrive! Has anyone used Vietnam Impressive to book tickets online and was the service reliable?

Also I'm getting a bit confused. Muong Man is the station further away right and Phan Thiet is the closer station to Mui Ne? Or is it exactly the same station?

Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

If you look at the website of the Vietnam Railways, things may not work out properly and perhaps you're unable to book online. However, I find the seat61.com website a very useful resource for trains and to be honestly I got my ticket through one of the agents that is recommended by the site (Vietnamstay).

Regarding the Muong Man station, it's the closet station to Mui Ne, which is about 45 mins northwest of Phan Thiet.

Hope this helps

Edited: 4:15 am, February 08, 2010
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
reviews: 25
4. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Wozack,

Anne was not correct when she stated that Muang Man Station is closer to Mui Ne than Phan Thiet Station. Muang Man is about 40 kilometers from Mui Ne and Phan Thiet is 23 kilometers from Mui Ne. (Actually, Mui Ne is a ward of Phan Thiet).

However, if you are coming from the north, there are no trains that take you into Phan Thiet station. You can only use that station for trains to and from Ho Chi Minh City.

Malaysia
5. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

Thanks guys for the info! Much appreciated.

6. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 22, 2010
7. Re: Train from HCMC to Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 11, 2010