We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach in Da Nang

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Beach in Da Nang

Hi, could you advise when would be the best time of the year to go Da Nang as I would love to go the beach!

21 replies to this topic
Da Nang, Vietnam
reviews: 3
1. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Warmest welcome from DaNang,

The best time for u is from May to August if u want to go to the beach before tasting seafood at lots of beautiful rest along the beach.

If you can come earlier from 29th April to 2nd May, u can take part in international fireworks competition . Really really wonderful festival.

Nice to meet u

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue, Hoi An
reviews: 13
2. Re: Beach in Da Nang

My Khe beach is my favourite. ( and if you are in Danang late April, I believe there was an announcement at the closing of the last fireworks festival that it woud become a biannual event with the next being in 2015..)

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
3. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Well not in october/november for sure, 3 Typhoons in 3 weeks...

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
reviews: 89
4. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Early spring is the best as summer is way too hot, unless you go as the locals do at the crack of dawn.

Danang
5. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Welcome to Danang.

The best time to enjoy Danang beach is from Jan. to April. The weather is nice and the beach is not so crowded as in summer. Furthermore you can enjoy low rate of hotels in Danang as it is not a high season here.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Thank you much. That is really helpful. Which beach would you suggest that is not so crowded and the waters are clear?

Singapore, Singapore
7. Re: Beach in Da Nang

Thank you much. That is really helpful. Which beach would you suggest that is not so crowded and the waters are clear?

Edited: 12:42 am, November 03, 2013
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
reviews: 31
8. Re: Beach in Da Nang

cintadiara there is only one beach at Da Nang 35 kms long from Son Tra Peninsula to Cui Dai near Hoi An. There are a few smaller beaches north of Da Nang (Google map it) that may be quieter.

I would not take much notice of the Tourist agencies that are posting here particularly if they advise to go in January as it is not good beach weather at that time.

Along the main stretch mentioned,My Khe is well serviced by good seafood restaurants.

In regard to clear water do not swallow the line given my the tourist brochures that the waters are blue and clear, as the East Sea is not an ocean and as such will be green with slight sedimentation, it is however quite pleasant.

Cheers Ross

Danang
9. Re: Beach in Da Nang

My Khe beach is a clean and clear beach in Danang.

Except October and November (a lot of rains and storms), you can swim all the rest time of the year.

Summer (from May to August) is a high season for local people, that 's why the beach is very crowded and services (hotels, reataurants, tours...) are expensive. It's better to avoid this time.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
10. Re: Beach in Da Nang

january weather is great, but the sea is still a bit rough, feb on until sept is very good tie for the beach

and yes the water gets blue, aqua blue !!

and i a not vietnamese, but a canadian who has and still lives on the beach south of danang north of nha trang for 19years now

Reply to: Beach in Da Nang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Da Nang