We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Danang

Which Da Nang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing, China
Beaches in Danang

Hi everyone,

We are a couple with a 2.5 years old and want to travel to Vietnam for a week holiday. We are looking mostly to relax, have a nice resort with a nice pool and beautiful beach. we prefer a place that is not too isolated and that in the evening there are food options outside of the hotel, if possible within walking distance.

We are not looking for too much to do but don't like to feel completely isolated.

Also, I would really prefer a beach with no waves, with water that are 'like a pool'.

We went to Thailand last year and loved it so much.

can anyone recommend a place? can anyone explain how big is the area of danang and how many options are there?

Thanks,

Maya

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
reviews: 117
1. Re: Beaches in Danang

There are resorts on the beach in DaNang but you lose the walk around markets and restaurants also those places will be 5 star with prices to match. Hoi An maybe a better match for you as there's not much going on outside the resorts along China Beach. You may have waves anywhere in VN depending on the weather.

Edited: 4:21 pm, June 25, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
2. Re: Beaches in Danang

I also vote for a resort in Hoi An, Cua Dai beach. From Cua Dai you could take a taxi about 10mins to the town, explore the ancient city. much better than Da Nang.

Cheers

TUN Travel

Hanoi, Vietnam
3. Re: Beaches in Danang

And a small reminder. Consider the time you go to Da Nang - From Sept to December you should re-consider it, specially in October and November (most rainy and flooding time). In case you still want to stay in Da Nang, Vinpearl luxury Danang or Furama resort are both the good choice.

Cheer

TUN Travel

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
4. Re: Beaches in Danang

As mentioned in the other post in the Da Nang forum, there's little food choice in the resort area on the Southeast side of the city of Da Nang, but you will have nice pool. As far as the waves are concerned, it depends on the season.

A short taxi ride will find you at the doorstep of many restaurants.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 4
5. Re: Beaches in Danang

Question for Da Nang destination expert: I am interested in Viet battle sites. Operation Masher took place in or near Da Nang sometime in about 1966. Is it possible to find and visit this site? Are there any war tours?

Thank you, Herculea

NY
6. Re: Beaches in Danang

Herculea,

I think you are mentioned the DMZ tour (Vietnam -American Battle fields) in Hue, North Da Nang. You could visit Hue and take the day trip to battle fields! Sandra

Hanoi, Vietnam
7. Re: Beaches in Danang

Danang has been known as a destination for relaxing at beach. Some highlights here such as: Marble mountain, Bana hill, Cham museum... From Danang, you might easily visit Hoian town.

Have a good trip! - Asianway Travel

Bremen
reviews: 1
8. Re: Beaches in Danang

What I found in Da Nang are many locals, not much foreigners there. So I just think Foreign tourists seem to love HOi An and Hue than Da Nang. I dont know my idea is true or not.

Houston, Texas
9. Re: Beaches in Danang

@Herculea,

From reading various webpages (both in English and in Vietnamese) I believe that Operation Masher covered a large area, but mostly in the province of Binh Dinh, a pretty far distance from Da Nang.

There were battles all over the places.

If you happen to visit the city of Qui Nhon, the museum there would give you the information you need.

Houston, Texas
10. Re: Beaches in Danang

@ Dominique

The resort area Southeast of Da Nang (Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District) has a large concentration of foreign visitors who spend a good portion of their time just relaxing there.

The cruise ship port is at Tien Sa on the bay side of the Son Tra peninsula, and the port of Da Nang (between the Thuan Phuoc bridge and the Song Han bridge) serves smaller boats.

There are plans two build about ten landings along the river to push tourism further.

Tourists visiting Hoi An often came by train or plane into Da Nang before transferring. Also, with the airport in Hue being under renovation, air traffic has been diverting to Da Nang, enhancing the chance of a short stay in town.

According to one of the reports that I read, Da Nang hosted 6.8 million foreign visitors last year (as compared to 1M in 2007).

It does not give a specific number for the cruises, but noted a six-fold increase over 2011.

Get answers to your questions about Da Nang