We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 1,331
Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue

We bought a bus ticket from Hoi An to Hue in our hotel (Vaia Hotel) and we were told that it wasn't a sleeping bus. Since we traveling in the morning (8 am) and the trip is not more than 4h we believed it. We paid $7 for it.

When we arrived, there was a sleeping bus waiting for us.

The others tourists had the same info (no sleeping bus). All of them paid different prices. A couple paid $4, a family from Malaysia paid $5 and other ladies paid more than $7.

A girl told us that during the night these buses are even worse because they put lots of mattresses on the floor, around the seats, to charge for more tickets. And there is no space or privacy.

13 replies to this topic
11. Re: Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:03 am, July 31, 2013

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
12. Re: Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue

Only 3 post Mark? Why not make 5?

<<if people check with the bus company for their tx, they will get a better rate than any other place

JB that is correct unless the staff of the bus company double price and pocket the difference, like at Hanh Cafe in Mui ne (I need a russian shirt, they ALWAYS get discount.....:-( )

Sleeping bus are a no go at any price also in Thailand, and day bus are cheap so I really do not care if Sinh charge me 109.000d or 119.000d or 129.000d....For a 5 hour trip on a nice bus it's a good value.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
13. Re: Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue

John, I am quite calm, as i been living in the countryside here for 19 years, Eat sea out front, jungle clad mountains out back...

i am just amazed at how so many ask others to do heir research then wonder how come it costs more ... and the it is someone else's fault that they paid more ...

we just had a couple come here, they asked their front desk at the local hotel to phone and reserve, she saw a chance to pocket good money on the taxi fare, so she gave them wrong info, they got here and saw it was more expensive ... they returned to the city... front desk did not care, she made a couple hundred thousand dong on the taxi fare ... and they even came back to their hotel... then it was MY fault for misleading them ...

i took them buses 2 times because my daughter wanted to, no more

trains are much better

Reply to: Overcharged for sleeping Bus from Hoi An to Hue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted