We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good tailor in Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 11
good tailor in Hoi An

Anyone know a good quality tailor in Hoi An? Somewhere to have some clothes copied? Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Penrith, Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

I had some clothes made, including a top copied at Thanh Trung,118 Nguyen Thai Hoc St, Hoi An. It's down near the river, not a fancy looking place, but efficient and friendly. It was recommended to me by a friend whose Vietnamese daughter-in-law shops there. It's a small shop front, but I was taken to the fabric warehouse, where there was fabric from floor to ceiling on 2 levels, never seen so much fabric in one place!! The top I took to be copied was done EXACTLY, at the warehouse she made sure to match the fabrics as there were 3 different fabrics in the one top.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 104
2. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

T'uong lai on cua dai road are very good

3. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, June 12, 2013

4. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:36 pm, June 12, 2013

Singapore
reviews: 25
5. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

If you are looking to tailor some clothes in Hoi An, suggest you set the correct expectation & have open mind. There are so many of them that it's difficult to say which one is good because it's hard to compare unless you had patronize a few to compare. Our local Vietnamese driver told us that all clothes are sewn at the same factory & showed us this factory on the outskirt of town next to the Silk factory. He claimed that the shops only take measurements & have this factory sew the clothes.

You will get the best results if you allow yourself more time for multiple fitting, at least 2. Do not rush. If you can get a local to accompany you to the tailor shop, you should get a better deal. I had 4 pants made at Bao Ni at Cua Dai beach area (near Palm Garden, Victoria, Sunrise hotels) for about US$95.

The pants were sewn elsewhere, Lien only took measurements. What I like was her friendly service & very accommodating approach, willingness to please the customer approach. Initially, I went to Tu'ong at 77 Tran Hung Dao street, they quoted me $68 for just 1 pant & the lady boss was clearly not in the mood to negotiate ! Don't be intimidated & be afraid to walk out of the shop if you are not happy with the service. You have so many tailors to choose from & you certainly do not deserve arrogant shops like Tu'ong.

Singapore
reviews: 25
6. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

If you are looking to tailor some clothes in Hoi An, suggest you set the correct expectation & have open mind. There are so many of them that it's difficult to say which one is good because it's hard to compare unless you had patronize a few to compare. Our local Vietnamese driver told us that all clothes are sewn at the same factory & showed us this factory on the outskirt of town next to the Silk factory. He claimed that the shops only take measurements & have this factory sew the clothes.

You will get the best results if you allow yourself more time for multiple fitting, at least 2. Do not rush. If you can get a local to accompany you to the tailor shop, you should get a better deal. I had 4 pants made at Bao Ni at Cua Dai beach area (near Palm Garden, Victoria, Sunrise hotels) for about US$95.

The pants were sewn elsewhere, Lien only took measurements. What I like was her friendly service & very accommodating approach, willingness to please the customer approach. Initially, I went to Tu'ong at 77 Tran Hung Dao street, they quoted me $68 for just 1 pant & the lady boss was clearly not in the mood to negotiate ! Don't be intimidated & be afraid to walk out of the shop if you are not happy with the service. You have so many tailors to choose from & you certainly do not deserve arrogant shops like Tu'ong.

Newcastle Australia
reviews: 30
7. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

Fatherland Tailor opposite Hotel Glory on Cu Dai Rd, had clothes made there 2 weeks ago happy with finished products and price.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
8. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

TZ Thang Loi at 92 Phan Chu Trinh Street. They do everything from manufacturing the silk, embroidery and tailoring. We got a shirt and a bathrobe made for us the next day and at very reasonable prices. I advise making enough time for any alterations should you need them when you try on what you have ordered. They were very polite and obliging and I highly recommend them.

Bulli, Australia
reviews: 52
9. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

I had plenty of items made up including leather shoes and leather bag. Some of my items have fallen apart already - only a few months old so be careful where you choose and be specific in the materials you would like , you can get overwhelmed at the choices and just pick anything for the sake of it.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 3
10. Re: good tailor in Hoi An

Minh Nhi Shop is located at 71A Tran Hung Dao Street with friendly staffs and good prices.

It is outside of the Old quater so that you will not need to buy entrance tickets if you iust pass by for a tailor made shopping.

Reply to: good tailor in Hoi An
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted