We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money-changers

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kuching
reviews: 1
Money-changers

Do the money-changers in Hoi An accept British Pounds? Thanks.

Terrigal, Australia
reviews: 345
1. Re: Money-changers

I can't answer your question - directly - but will respond with another question.......why take GBP to beautiful Hoi An? - a debit card ( or a pre-loaded travel card) at a ATM to withdraw VN Dong - is a very safe bet - as an alternative to traveling with cash and putting yourself in the hands of perhaps some dodgy money changer - minimize your exposure to risk - enjoy beautiful VN !

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Money-changers

Yes, on Tran Phu towards the market away from Le Loi there are two next to each other that have the best exchange rates I've seen anywhere.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
3. Re: Money-changers

just a comment re preloaded travel card......they can be expensive....but you do know the exact amount of local money you have available as the currency conversion is done at point of loading the card....the conversion rate like any currency exchange works against you. the card often costs money. and after the small withdraw cash fees come out you are likely to end up with a odd small leftover amount on the card, which means more messing around at home to get refunded.

Taking your home country cash and changing as needed usually gets the best conversion rate - just look about to see the price is similar at several before changing. Always count the money before leaving the exchange counter. there is always an element of risk (loss/theft) carrying cash but it seems so much simpler.

Bulli, Australia
reviews: 72
4. Re: Money-changers

They do in most bigger hotels

Perth
5. Re: Money-changers

I have found the best exchange rates at local jeweller shops. Again- always count your money in front of the salesperson. I have witnessed some extraordinary 'slight of hand' magic tricks.

6. Re: Money-changers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2014