We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An Tailors

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Hoi An Tailors

Hi

I am going to Hoi An in a few weeks and wanted to know about tailoring. I see many commenting on the ability to copy shirts, suits etc but are they good as tailors from scratch and does anyone have any recommendations. I don't want to copy a suit I would like to get one made from scratch....

plsd to hear

Gloucestershire UK
Level Contributor
325 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Hoi An Tailors

Just had two shirts and my wife a dress from Yali, probably more expensive but excellent quality. Just do a forum search on Yali

Halifax
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Hoi An Tailors

I had tailoring done at New World close to Yaly. This place is smaller and not nearly as busy and the quality was just as good as the clothes made at Yaly that,my friends had made.

Nha Trang, Khanh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3. Re: Hoi An Tailors

I had allot of clothes and shirts made in Hoi an by numerous shops and tailors, I spent about 600$ there about a year ago unfortunately since getting them made and wearing over the past year they have almost all fallen apart and or needed to be mended multiple times. The main problem I noticed is single stitching make sure everything you are getting made is double stitched, or get clothes from Thailand I have seen way better tailored made clothes come out of there and at the same cost.

Sunshine, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Hoi An Tailors

Moral of the story is you get what you pay for - usually. I've had a few garments made by market tailors. They were cheap and the garment didn't last long. On the other hand I've had suits made by Yaly in Hoi An and Cao Vinh in Saigon and they are quality. But you pay extra for that. If you dont want to pay that much, get one garment made by a tailor that you fancy and see how the quality comes up - check on the stitching - before committing to something more substantial.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Hoi An Tailors

I have used Yaly several times and recently recommended them to my daughter, she also had things made and was very happy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Hoi An Tailors

Yes, there are lots of Tailors everywhere and it is hard to know who to choose, for us it was Trung Duc, not a big posh shop with all the frills, but Lee and her team were great and you dont go out of the shop until they are satisfied, we were pleased with our find.

Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Hoi An Tailors

I had 4 pieces made in Hoi An only last week and they were made within a few hours and were perfect with no alterations. The tailor was Hanh Hung at 103 Tran Hung Dao St. It is on a corner and on the opposite corner is a place called Kimmys.

Good Luch

Brisbane Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
50 reviews
8. Re: Hoi An Tailors

i had lots of tailoring done from scratch at both yaly and kimmys in ho I an and 2 tailors in Bangkok in July last year. See reviews through my link. Yaly has been excellent.

I have just booked another trip to Ho I An for Jan 2014 to do serious shopping at yaly, as well as leather and suede and a shoe shop.

Yaly will find and fix any minor faults without any fuss.

Edited: 5:38 am, April 08, 2013
Jersey
Level Contributor
205 posts
178 reviews
9. Re: Hoi An Tailors

Can thoroughly recommend two tailors from a recent visit. Both had excellent service and the end product is of really good quality. Both meticulous over alterations and both shipped our orders back to the UK for us (at the same cost as the Post Office). Packages arrived safely.

Sun Tailors, 273 Nguyễn Duy Hiệu - 2 minutes walk from the Life Heritage Resort. http://www.suntailors.com. This is a family run business and very friendly service. Nothing was too much trouble.

BeBe Tailors - 11 - 13 Hoang Dieu str - ask for Lou.

Both of these tailors make everything from scratch. Perfect fit and very happy with the end product. Definitely have no hestitation using them again or recommending them to anyone else.

10. Re: Hoi An Tailors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 10, 2014