We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

Full day at red bridge or green bamboo... which cooking school would you recommend? As far as I am aware these are both fairly small class sizes?

Hoi An, Vietnam
reviews: 14
1. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

Green Bamboo is a more intimate 'family' style course, Red Bridge is more boutique. Both are incredibly good, just depends what type of experience you would prefer. Pre-book!

Bury, manchester
reviews: 26
2. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

We went to Redbridge. There were 18 of us on the "course". To be honest it was dissapointing and more a demonstration which you couldnt really see because the chefs head was in the way for the mirror overhead. Mostly the ingredients and veggies are pre prepared and you just pour them in a pan. The interesting bit was walking round the market in the morning, but you can do that yourrself anyway. The hard sell of pans and knives was also a bit annoying.

Green bamboo, we walked past this a couple of times (we stayed at the Boutique Hoi An), it looked a lot more small scale and impressive.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

Is this the same case for both the half day and full day courses? I did a great course in Chiang Mai when I was there a few years ago. There were four of us, set outside in her garden. Most veggies were preprepared but it was fun learning and cooking and we went for a cycle ride out into the country and the local market. Was a really nice day!

Forster, Australia
reviews: 65
4. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

We did the Red Bridge half day, I highly recommend it. Not sure why you would want to do a full day, you can only eat so much:-) Our 'class' had about 15 - 20 people with everyone having their own cooking station, the chef was very entertaining and we produced some lovely food with recipes given out to take home. The boat ride to and from is also enjoyable.

Greg

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 17
5. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

Hi I did the Green Bamboo in September with other members of my family. Van is a lovely lady & picks you up from your hotel, first you go to the markets to buy ingredients for dish you have decided on prior to class through email with Van. We spent good amount of time at market it is so interesting & Van explains everything, we had a drink & a rest and then we go to her own private home. She never takes more than 8 in her class and we cook in a normal size kitchen that westerners would be use to. Its very hands on we then all sit together and enjoy our dishes, chat some more then she arranges for us to go back to our hotel. I think all up it was from 9am until 2pm. A great day with a very interesting beautiful lady. When we go back to Hoi An again I am going to do another cooking class with Van. She has also helped me through email since trying to locate something I bought in the market. Could not have been more obliging.

reviews: 6
6. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

My husband and I went on the Thuan Tinh Island Cooking Tour and it was fantastic and well worth the money spent. So great to get out of the city and experience cooking traditional Hoi An dishes in a village, highly recommend. :)

new zealand
reviews: 279
7. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

We did Green Bamboo and loved it. I am still making the dishes we learnt at home and using the cookbook Van gave us. I especially liked that we went to the market and she explained about food processes and the food. .we tried many fruits at the market. It is limited to 8 people and it was a highlight for us. Enjoy.

8. Re: Red Bridge or Green Bamboo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 23, 2014