We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned VOA now US$45

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
reviews: 59
Just returned VOA now US$45

we got a shock when we arrived Danang on January 6th that VOA was US$45. Most of us were caught. Not happy.

That aside......I have to say that Hoi An is now my most favourite place.

We spent 5 glorious days and nights there and we long to go back.

Llanbrynmair...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

Ah PerthLovetotravel, you must have taken your eyes off the forum before you left as the increase in the VOA stamping fees and the exact amounts involved were discussed in a fair number of threads (and appeared in some of their headings) well in advance of it happening on 1 January.

I'm so glad you had a good time. Enjoy planning the next trip!

Perth
Destination Expert
2. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

Creaking bones we left home early December and I stopped looking at forums then.....yes have just booked this christmas trip :) Thank goodness for Air Asia :):)

Bulli, Australia
reviews: 52
3. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

Hi Perth Lovetotravel

I am off to Vietnam in a few weeks.

I am sooooo glad to hear that you had a great time. There has been some medicore reviews of late.I am heading to Hoi An too. Where did you stay , can you name a couple of good places to eat some yummy food?

Also I am flying Air Asia into HCC , Please tell me the seats recline.... I flew Air Asia a few years ago when they started flights from Australia and the seats did not recline.

Oh also did you arrive directly into Danang?

Ho Chi Minh City...
4. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

Hi,

It must be a surprise for you. Yes, the news came out quite late before coming in effect, but I hope you guys will not skip Vietnam just because of that.

Perth
Destination Expert
5. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

maryado,

We did Ho Chi Minh City christmas 2011 and we loved it, but you need to know it;s not a place for relax, it;s a place to explore and learn the history. (shopping too :)

This christmas 2012 we did Hoi An and it is very very different from HCMC.

It is a wonderful old town and I don;t know why there would be bad reports.

What I can tell you is that for me...I have been to Singapore, Bangkok, Pattaya, KL, Bali and HCMC and Hoi An is my favourite out of all of them.

Don't be afraid to go to new places.

Next christmas 2013 I am going back to Bali of course but this time onto Surabaya and also Penang....2 new places.

Travel is wonderful and embrace it.

The seats have always reclined for us on any Air Asia plane and we fly them all the time but not in one of the middle exit rows..11 or 12 I think....

Oh yes we arrived directly to Danang from KL. Then it was a 30 minutes or so drive to Hoi An.

Yummy food....cargo club was fabulous, especially for dessert but we ate alot at the little plastic tables and chairs selling local food. The street food is safe there.

There is a place set up in between the Japanese bridge and the other bridge, great food and about 30 000 dong. Chicken rice.

Another place is down the street a bit in front of the boats on the river and cargo club river entrance.....a little area with people selling food. Sates etc.

Great places to sit and watch too.

Yes mekong..we will go back but it was very unfair to go up so much and not make allowances for travellers that got caught.

Edited: 11:52 pm, January 20, 2013
6. Re: Just returned VOA now US$45

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 22, 2014