We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 25
Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

Hello,

I have been suffering from multiple sorts of skin infections - some itchy and like rashes and a few other due to insect bites from Thailand...

I have used the commonly available medicines and anti histamines, and the infection is sort of spreading to the entire body.

Any recommendations for a good dermatologist in Hoi An would be highly appreciated.

English speaking preferred.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 43
1. Re: Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

Ask your hotel for a referral to a hospital in either Danang or Hue

Edited: 12:54 pm, December 15, 2012
Hoi an
reviews: 4
2. Re: Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

Whatever you do, do not go to Pacific Hospital. Its a complete joke and not a hospital. I suggest you go to Hoan my Da Nang hospital :

161, Nguyễn Văn Linh Street. There are a few staff that speak english so you should be able to go there without the need for a translator.

I will ask around and get back to you if there is a dermatologist in Da Nang, Hoi An in general is not a good option for things unrelated to tourism.

Vietnam
reviews: 13
3. Re: Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

Generally when you start to get spreading skin infections in tropical climates like Vietnam you need to get yourself to a doctor quickly. There is an Austrailian nurse that lives in Hoi An and does call outs to hotels her name is Mikael and her number is in the live hoi an magazine (I don't have a copy to look it up for you), your bites could well have been infected with the staph virus which can turn nasty, but is easily treatable with the correct antibiotics and silver cream which is really cheap and can be bought from any pharmacy. Do get it checked out just in case as left untreated it can cause blood poisoning. Always better to be safe than sorry.

4. Re: Good Dermatologist in Hoi An ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 18, 2013