We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Griffith, Australia
reviews: 12
Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

I will be travelling to Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang. I am wondering what is the best way to travel between locations?

52 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Bus is probably the easiest, Da Nang isn't very far from Hoi An, and even Hue is about 5h on a bus from Hoi An and costs 5USD or so. If you use the tourist buses they are pretty good.

If you have the time, and like driving motorbikes, the drive between Hoi An and Hue is supposed to be pretty spectacular. At least from Hue to Hoi An you can find plenty of companies renting you a motorbike, and taking your bag separately for a small fee.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 140
2. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

It depends on your budget as a bus would be considerably cheaper but we got a car and driver from Hue to Hoi An which cost 936000VND, then from Hoi an to the Danang airport a taxi which cost 35000VND

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

I travelled 2 weeks ago from Hoi An to Hue and it cost 5usd for the 1 pm bus , the morning bus is 6usd .Remember to close your eyes , they are frickin lunatics on the open roads

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 12
4. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

We were in Hoi An a couple of weeks ago and we arranged a driver to pick us up at Da Nang airport and take us to Hoi An..lovely air-con car and cost 400,000vnd about AUD $18..it is about 45 mins drive and very comfortable.. I have the details if you need a good reliable contact.....

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 17
5. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Hello Kazza59

Can you please send me the details of the driver you used.

I will be arriving in Danang on the 23rd Oct and need transfers to Hoi an.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks Tracey

Queensland
6. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Hi Kazza59,

We also need transfers from Danang to Hoi An for the end of Oct. Could we please have the contact details as well.

Thanks,

Kattie.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
7. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Bus is cheap but has the poorest views as it goes through a long tunnel and misses the spectacular Hai Van Pass.

Car has the best views and is the most expensive option, but worth it. Go through the Hai Van Pass. Stop for photos but ignore the sellers as if you buy from one the rest will be on you like white on rice.

Train is also cheap and has great but slightly different beautiful views as it cuts into the mountainside halfway down. A few tiny tunnels. Only runs between Hue and Da Nang so to get to Hoi An you would need to go by car or taxi the remainder of the way from Da Nang.

Motorcycle may be possible but unless you have an Vietnamese driver's license (see the sticky at the top of the forum) you will be riding illegally. If you have an accident (and the traffic along those roads can be insane) your travel insurance will almost assuredly throw you to the wolves. Have access to several thousand dollars in case you need to be medivacced or need expensive hospital treatment.

Edited: 11:13 am, September 11, 2011
Hoi An, Vietnam
8. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

There are 2 buses (1 in the morning & 1 in the afternoon) go directly from Hue to Hoi An (more than 4 hours), You can go by train from Hue to Danang train station (4 hours) and then from Danang to Hoi An (30km) about 20-25 USD by private car or meter taxi

Melbourne
reviews: 49
9. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

would love the contact for this service - we arrive in Danang in about 2 weeks time.

thank you in anticipation

Hanoi, Vietnam
10. Re: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?

Check the bus of the Sinhtourist - good quality and services!

www.thesinhtourist.vn/OpenBus.aspx…

It has offices in most of popular destinations in Vietnam, see in Contact us

Hope this help,

Reply to: Transport between Hoi An, Hue and Da Nang?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted