We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg, Germany
reviews: 10
Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Hi,

I also wanted to send you a quick summary of our hoi an tailor experiences:

We spent 2 days which was really the minimum - 1 day to do the tailoring and 1 day to have fittings done.

We tried 2 different shops:

Yali and Nhi Nhi (82, Le Loi St)

Yali was overall pricier but good - check out the yali reviews.

Nhi Nhi, simple + short: DONT GO THERE!

Longer version: We got one male ($160), one female suit ($140), one silk dress ($55), one silk blouse ($25) and 1 warmer jacket ($45)

The girl who works there can be very convincing as she talks a lot, is fun to hang around with and is very convicing with her opinions about how clothes have to fit. Opinions though, not tailoring...

Result: The male suit was so tight, it had to be completely refitted 3 times and in the end just looked plain cheap because it had been reworked too much. The female suit now looks ... ok... say: I will wear it, but I cannot really button it (after 3 fittings)

The silk dress looks almost fine, the blouse very fine, but the advertised "natural" silk or Thai silk turned out to be >50% polyesther. !!!

I know we should have seen it, but sometimes in these small shops it's hard and she "promised" me that for sure it was real...

The warmer jacket is fine, but not so well fitted.

Altogether: She has a good sense of what a fashionable fit could look like, yes, but you seriously have to fight to get pants redone / refitted that are so ill-fitted, you even can't pull them up. And she tricks you with the fabrics. DONT DO IT!!!!

And have fun at Yali and other shops!

Berlin, Berlin...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

hi,

in short: NO!

in long: I wanted to buy a trousers more or elegant but the most important for me was that the trousers are comfortable so that I can move a lot in them easily. the first fitting was strange: the trousers didn't fit at all, so that I couldn't try them really. on the second fitting, I remarked a lot of little faults and details which were not right. on the third fitting, I realized that I was complete wrong advised concerning the material. It was not conformable at all and after all, it was the most expensive one! after the FORTH! fitting, I gave up. The girl in t6he shop was arguing the whole time and didn't even want listen to me and my complaints. In her eyes, I was wrong and it was my fault having chosen the wrong material. She didn't listen at all and didn't give any discount.

The "tailor" didn't do a good job, the material was wrong, the girl was absolutely unreasonable and I think after that, it will take long that I will go to a tailor again!

2. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, September 28, 2012
Vietnam
3. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Hi

Hoi an is no more a good place for clothes made

No no no no

Perth, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Hi there!

just ...same same.....but different!! haha...

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 15
5. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Nhi Nhi tailor is probably the worst shop in HoiAn. They don't care about the terrible quality of their fabric, they trick you into think it is silk, the dress does not resemble what you ordered. And there is no way to get your money back.

Terrible place. Go to Yali in stead.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 13
6. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Please update with short info the travelers guide about tailors:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298082-c173217/Hoi-A…

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 2
7. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Yali I can recommend

Edited: 9:25 pm, November 11, 2012
Perth, Australia
reviews: 1
8. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Actually, we found Nhi Nhi to be pretty good and I'm surprised it has received such negative reviews here.

My wife had three dresses and a skirt made, exact replicas from photos we supplied, and they were perfect. I didn't get any male clothes made there, but I was impressed with their thoroughness.

That said, there was one lady (I think here name was Dueng) who was really excellent and another who seemed more concerned about pushing us into a sale, so it might be about who you get.

Best of luck.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 28
9. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

My wife and I are very happy with our clothes from Yaly. They took a great deal of care to measure and fit. I will now re-order online.

A bit more expensive but still cheap by aussie standards... remember the old saying "you get what you pay for"

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 3
10. Re: Hoi An Tailors - Nhi Nhi review

Myself and a group of friends got clothes tailored at Nhi Nhi and were very happy with them. I am surprised to see such negative reviews as we really thought she was much better than the other tailors we used in Hoi An. She made many suggestions about what would/ wouldn't work on each of us and all of the dresses and blazers suited us very well. We had dresses made for work, a formal ceremony and a ball gown and they all turned out beautifully. I would highly recommend Nhi Nhi.