We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sheffield
reviews: 2
Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Hi, I am trying to decide where to stay for a 4 night visit to Hoi An in August this year.

We are looking for somewhere with a nice pool and good location in the $30-$50 dollar region - could push a bit higher if there was a stand out option but everywhere I've found seems to have at least some negative reviews other than Ha An which I have kind of ruled out because we would really like to have a pool to cool off at after a day's activities.

At the moment I've narrowed it down to the 4 hotels above so would really love to here feedback from anyone who has stayed at any of them. They all seem to have good reviews overall but a few bad reviews putting me off apart from Vinh Lung 3 which has good reviews but not many!

Many thanks in advance!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
1. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

We stayed at the Vinh Hung 3 in Jan 2008. Originally were told the room was only available for one night so we booked a room next door at the Thuy Duong 3 for the next night, and were glad we did. The bathroom exuded a sewer smell all night and there was something odd about the framework of the building which meant that sounds carried through- I swear we heard every door anyone in the whole hotel shut or knocked on. It was like being on a cell block.

The next morning they asked if we wanted to stay on another night but we explained we had another room booked elsewhere.

I would recommend the Thuy Doung 3. The roome was lovely, the staff helpful, it had a beautiful pool (which we didn't use), our room was pretty quiet (at the back of the hotel away from the street), breakfast buffet was above average. It's also in your price range.

If you click on my name you will see my reviews of these two hotels.

We drove by the Hoi An but it didn't appeal to us as it was huge with at least a hundred rooms, and we prefer the smaller hotels- the service weems to be better and more personal.

Saigon
2. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Hi,

I would like to recommend Pho Hoi Riverside Resort. It's very beautiful, I recommended to our clients and they liked it so much.

You can look at website www.phohoiresort.com

Beside, you can also think about Hoi An Trails Resort, now they have a promotion hot deal. Their website: www.hoiantrailsresort.com.vn

Have a nice trip.

Violet

sheffield
reviews: 2
3. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'll certainly have a look into Thuoy Dong and rule Vinh Hung 3 out of the equation.

Pho Hoi Riverside Resort looks good on their website but has some very bad reviews on which puts me off.

Anyone with experience of Than Xuan??

Cheers!

Perth, Australia
reviews: 16
4. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

We stayed at the Than Xuan (Longlife) last july and thought it excellent value. We would have stayed again, but they reckon they don't have the availability (we are 12 people). We are booked into the Thien Thanh which acccording the reviews is not brilliant and I must admit I'm have second thoughts about it. But we leave for our holiday on Friday, so if the hotel is not up to scratch we will look for something else once we arrive.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Hi Swampee,

My wife and I have stayed at the Thien Thanh and it is quite similar to the Thanh Xuan. Both are about the same size, have small pools, similar amenities and are only a few doors apart. One thing I would recommend with your large party is to be sure to call ahead and confirm your rooms. They have a tendency to overbook and to claim that the person occupying your room has gotten sick or has disappeared. This is a common problem in Hoi An but I personally witnessed it happening to a guest at this hotel. Otherwise I found this hotel to be a great value with a pleasant staff and very clean rooms. Breakfast on the rear deck was a highlight of our stay.

Tasmania
6. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Hi

Another vote for Thuy Duong 3. Just had 8 nights there and was just as impressed as the previous times we had stayed there. It is by far the best included breakfast ii have found, the location is great, the pool is clean and shaded. Rooms are a good size - get one with a balcony overlooking the pool, they are very quiet.

Miranda, Sydney
reviews: 35
7. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

Have a look at CheznAndy's travel pages - the website is on their post a few down. They loved their hotel in HoiAn & it fits into your price range.

Cheers,

Sandy

Miranda, Sydney
reviews: 35
8. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

It was actually the Thuy Dong 3 that Chez & Andy stayed at - they really enjoyed it there.

Chez - have been reading all your travel blogs - We have been to so many of the same places - loved the picture of Charlie the gibbon - thanks again for giving everyone access to your amazing adventures!!!!

Port Macquarie...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

No worries Sandy, I am slowly getting all our stuff on there......we loved the Thuy Duong3, mainly for the price, location and pool. The beds were the hardest other than the Pinta Gold beds!! Ask for a queen/king if you want it, we got two doubles, could have changed but it didnt matter. I would book a balcony room, they have a better outlook, fresh air and somewhere to sit, some of the cheaper rooms didnt have windows and were on the inside of the corridor.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 91
10. Re: Than Xuan, Vinh Hung 2 & 3 or Hoi An Hotel? -Please Help!

My son and I stayed at Than Xuan last year and it was great value and the staff were lovely. Good location within walking distance of most things - bike hire across the road $1.00 and each afternoon we would ride out to the beach.

The air con in the room did not work that well (mid June) and the beds were extremely hard (hardest in Vietnam. Pool area was ok but each time we were out in the garden, pool or breakfast area there were snakes - sorry I am petrified of them and I live on a farm!!

What about Southern Villas - little way out of town but some friends of our stayed there a few weeks ago and said it was fabulous.

You will love Hoi An, it is brilliant