We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapel Hill, North...
reviews: 24
Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

Has anyone stayed in the Sea and Sand Resort? I am thinking of going with my family in December, but can't find any reviews. It is relatively new.

Aussie
reviews: 3
1. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

Forget it. its very noisy and a 2 star very poor rooms also has a lot of tours comming and going.ok if your a backpacker. The hotel to stay is the Palm Garden resort, the Victoria Hotel, or the Golden Sands Resort. i stayed in the palm resort it is 5 star its the only way to go for a family. my advice pay for a good hotel in v/nam. they all lie about there hotel ratings if you work out the extra cost of your holiday in a top hotel its not a lot more when you consider how much air fairs and transfers cost. good luck Grumphy

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 33
2. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

Have just returned from Vietnam. Didn't stay at the Sea and Sand. It looked ok from the outside, but a bit bland. If you want a nice hotel that is a little closer to the beach - (about 100 meters away across the road and with its own private section of beach) we stayed at the River-beach Resort. The Hoi An Beach is also good (we stayed there too) but a bit more expensive. It is also a walk across the road and has its own section of beach. The hotels right on the beach (Victoria Hoi an, Palm Gardens and Golden sands) are quite a bit more expensive and further from the local cafes for cheap eating and drinking.

Depends how much you want to spend.

Aus
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

We stayed at the Sea and Sand in June. We payed $40 night for three people including breakfast. Our room was large, very clean and well furnished. The breakfast wasn't very exciting but the staff were fantastic. It's only a minutes walk to the beach and there are restaurants over the road. The pool is small and close to the road so if you're after luxurious resort facilities you might prefer some of the other resorts down the road. We thought it was great for the price and hope we can go back some day Oh... it was very quiet .... no noise at all.

Aussie
reviews: 3
4. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

i stayed at the river beach resort and lasted one night. We new it was a four star hotel you could count the stars through the hole in the roof. Pay the extra cheap hotels in v/nam are not worth it for a family. This also goes for any hotel in v/nam. Grumphy

Aus
reviews: 1
5. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

grumphy,

Not all families want to pay to stay in a 5* resort. I am not a backpacker. I was travelling with my husband and son and we found the Sea and Sand perfect for our needs, as were all the 'cheap' hotels we stayed at whilst in Vietnam. We frequently stay in 5* hotels when travelling on business so I am very familiar with different styles of travel. You can have a great holiday whatever your budget - it all depends on your attitude. Cheaper hotels might not suit you but they do suit many people. A less dogmatic approach would be more helpful.

SParr - I have some photos of the rooms at the Sea and Sand. If you'd like to see them PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

6. Re: Sea and Sand Resort Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 09, 2009