We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

Which Colonia del Sacramento hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 107
Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

We will be traveling from Montevideo to Colonia and hope to spend a few hours in Colonia before taking the ferry to Buenos Aires. Is there a place where we can store our luggage for a few hours while we're visiting Colonia? Do we have to be concerned about getting a ticket on the late afternoon ferry to Buenos Aires from Colonia?

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
reviews: 3
1. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

In Colonia´s bus terminal you can store your luggage. Ask the guard if your suitcase is too big to fit into the lockers. Next to the terminal (exiting, immediately to the right) you´ve got the port, where you´ll departing to BA. My advise is to get a ticket in advance, you can do it online. Good luck.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
reviews: 3
2. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

Sorry, the port is from the bus terminal to the LEFT.

punta del este...
3. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

Zerpa is right--you can store luggage at the Colonia bus terminal or the ferry station. If you book the Buquebus bus+ferry connection, they'll store your luggage at the ferry building before loading it on the boat. Make sure you tell them which boat you're on.

Unless travelling in the peak late Dec--late Feb time frame, don't worry about pre-booking: buy tickets on the spot. The late afternoon departure is a ferry "rapido sin bodega" (meaning no space for cars) and consequently almost always seats available.

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
reviews: 14
4. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

If the "late afternoon ferry" from Colonia to BA is the one at 5:30 p.m., it does indeed have bodegas for cars. We've taken it about ten times in the last 2 1/2 years, most recently yesterday, with our car every time. It is a rapido (one hour) as mentioned.

Clearwater, Florida
5. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

I will be in Montevideo from Dec 13 through 17th.

I would like to take the bus to Colonia on the morning of the 17th and spend the day there.

Then I plan to take the late boat from Colonia to Buenos Aires.

I am staying in Buenos Aires from Dec 17 through Dec 22nd.

Question: How to get from Montevido to Colonia on the 17th?

Should I buy a ticket in advance for the trip from Colonia to BA? Will they take a credit card?

Please respond to MsLALanza@aol.com

Thank you

6. Re: Montevideo to Colonia to Buenos Aires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:38 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Colonia del Sacramento