We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist places with kids in Sharjah

Which Sharjah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tourist places with kids in Sharjah

Hi there,

This is my first time in UAE. I will be traveling with my two girls (1 and 6 years old) and my sister. I end up booking the Holliday inn Sharjan thinking it was close to Dubai (looking on google maps didn't seem far).

We will be in UAE for 4 days. Should I go to Dubai to do all the tourist stuff or Sharjah would be good too? How far are the Emirates mall and mall of dubai from Sharjah by taxi?

Is it safe for 2 women with kids travelling by themselves?

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Tourist places with kids in Sharjah

UAE is completely safe, don't worry.

Most of the attractions are in Dubai not sharjah,

but many places in sharjah are really nice.

Traffic between sharjah and Dubai Can be packed in the morning,

but starting 12 noon, it's much better.

taxi can reach dubai mall from sharjah in 20 minutes, if road is clear (not much time), might cost around 22 USD one way.

Emirates Mall one way taxi trip will cost around 28 USD , in 30 minutes from sharjah.

you can Try the following places in sharjah in the morning (untill roads are clear)

Majaz waterfront

Qasbaa

Islamic Souk (Antiques market)

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: Tourist places with kids in Sharjah

No matter where you are no country is completely 100% safe, so always keeps an eye on the little ones and never leave them with anyone you don't know. Otherwise, you will have many fun places to go to in both Sharjah and Dubai. Sharjah is known for its traditional Souq and Gold Souq as its Dubai too.

You might also like to visit the Museum in Sharjah as it is one of the best. In Dubai, famous areas to visit, would be downtown Jumeirah Street where there is the beach and many shops and cafes nearby within walking distance. You also have the Mecarto Mall nearby..must visit, Mall of the Emirates, well known for it ski village, Dubai Mall for its large Aquarium. There is so much to do in Dubai . Avoid traffic jams around 4 pm onwards.

Dubai, United Arab...
3. Re: Tourist places with kids in Sharjah

UAE is a safe country for tourists.

Sharjah has many places of interests for families, like Al Majaz Water front, Sharjah Aquarium, Al Jazeera Water Park and off course various museums. But Dubai has its own charm, all the fancy things (tallest building, most expensive hotel, biggest mall, twisted towers etc) are in Dubai.

Taxis are in abundance and easy to hire. For Mall of the Emirates, best is to take a cab from your hotel to Al Rashidiya Metro Station (Red Line), from there enjoy the metro ride (avoids traffic and is hassle free) to MOE station. Many other malls like Dubai Mall, Ibn Battuta Mall are also covered by Metro.

Reply to: Tourist places with kids in Sharjah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted