We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our recent visit to RAK

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bolton
Our recent visit to RAK

Just come back from a week at the Hilton Resort and Spa to celebrate our silver wedding....and we had a fantastic time!!! I must admit that we went with a few concerns about what to do in the evening but in our opinion these were unfounded.

One visit doesnt make me an expert but here are a few items that may answer questions for other people.

First of all tranfer times from the airport.....various times have been reported but 60 mins unrealistic. 90 mins possible 120 mins more realistic.....that is in a car if you are in a coach then the speed limit is reduced so will take it easily to the 2 hours .....but don't let that put you off ...take in the scenery ..look out for camels in the desert ..and chill you are on holiday!

Taxi hire for the day....the hotel concierge can organise a taxi for 8 hours for 550/600 DH or 6 hours for 450dh.

Trips can be booked from the hotel, if you go with Virgin then there is a shop area where I presume you can book trips, we weren't with Virgin so we booked a trip to Musandem through an organisor within the complex. This cost 600dh each which I think probably a little bit more than others ..but we feel that even at this price was worth the mony. Just a word of warning they dont take cards so it is cash only. The trip, in our opinion is brilliant ...the scenery both on the coach and on the dhow is breathtaking.......but there is a but...be prepared for a 60 min stop at the border crossing...but again you are on holiday ...so chill

The hotel also arrange a coach into Dubai I think 3 times a week but maybe 4, I must admit I got the impression from previuos posts that this was free, but it isnt ..it is 100 DH each....still good value in my opinion.....The coach picks you up at 8.45 ..(2 hour journey into Dubai) and drops you of at Festival City. It picks you up there at 5:30pm. We have been to Dubai before and so knew where we wanted to go.....this meant we had plenty of time to do things..if it is your first time there I would suggest this may not be long enough for you

End of first installment ..more to come shortly about the hotel etc

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
reviews: 32
1. Re: Our recent visit to RAK

Glad you enjoyed it Robbo. Thought I may have bumped into you but the Beach Club is very busy at the moment. I think the problems in other parts of the Arab world are diverting people to RAK. My peace has been destroyed!!!!

2. Re: Our recent visit to RAK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 27, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah