We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Sales

Which Al Ain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hunter Valley NSW...
reviews: 88
Camel Sales

Luckily I had read a forum about these sales before we visited so was well aware of what was about to take place....

I do highly recommend visiting the camel and goat sales. Is really interesting. Heaps of pens with adult and baby camels and all types of goats. However the salesmen are up to make a quick buck from unsuspecting tourists.

As you ohh and ahh over the cute baby camels they offer for you to go into the pens to pat them and take pictures. DO NOT DO THIS. Once you are in the pen they lock the gates and will only let you out for payment. It is actually quite intimidating as there are quite a few salesmen and they tend to bunch up. Luckily there was four of us (we were the only westeners there at the time). My niece and her husband actually live in Abu Darbi but hadn't heard of this scam. As the earlier poster wrote they tried very hard to get us into the camel cage but as I knew what they were up to we said no very often and quite firmly.

In the end we had to walk away as they were quite insistent.

However don't let this discourage you, it was a very unique experience, but just be aware!

regards

Suz

Abu Dhabi, United...
reviews: 212
1. Re: Camel Sales

I agree the livestock markets, whether camels or goats are always interesting. But the workers watching over the animals are always looking for different ways to get money from you as they know you are only there for the atmosphere and photos which doesn't get them any money at all.

2. Re: Camel Sales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, January 29, 2011