We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

Which Entebbe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

Hi, am visiting Entebbe late November and the night before flying out from Entebbe we would like to stay somewhere nice, to relax after a few full-on days, but not overly expensive.

Ideally, close to the water

Walking distance to centre of town, restaurants etc

Double room, for 2 friends

I have heard of Imperial Botannical Beach Hotel. Can anyone offer advice about this or other accom?

We are professional women from Australia, mid 30's.

Thank you :)

Kampala, Uganda
reviews: 2
1. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

The boma is better(www.boma.co.ug)

London
reviews: 4
2. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

Try this place :

http://karibuguesthouse.com/

Delaware
reviews: 27
3. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

I second Brovad's comment on the Boma. We stayed in the Boma Guesthouse this past January and really loved it. But I don't think it meets most of your criteria - i.e., near water, walking distance to town, etc. Not really sure about the walking distance - we were there a couple nights at the beginning and end of a tour around the country and didn't leave the hotel. We relaxed during the day at their lovely pool and ate at their restaurant.

Milan, Italy
reviews: 3
4. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

Just Like Brovad says,Boma Guest house is the favorite place to relax in Entebbe after your Uganda safari!

Kampala
5. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

One thing to bear in mind regarding Lake Victoria is that many people prefer not to swim in it due to the possibility of getting Bilharzia (it is curable though). Swimming pools are generally a safer option for visitors.

Kampala
Destination Expert
for Kampala
reviews: 73
6. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

Crumbs yes, keep out of the Lake.

Agree with Boma, but there is a relatively new Protea if you want the view of the Lake - however, near to airport, not town. Taxis are very cheap though. Entebbe is elongated cluster of places really. What did you want to see/do specifically? You could always take a boda there, traffic is pretty non-existent {by comparison!}

Entebbe, Uganda
reviews: 4
7. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

You could try Carpe Diem...very quiet (only 5 rooms), lovely views, limited menu but good food.

Protea Hotel is right on the lake and has Lake fly issues in the evenings

see http://africabytes.com for my latest posting (on the hotel)

8. Re: Entebbe hotel double room, 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014