We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk uk
reviews: 5
first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Hi there, having holidayed in the area for the last 8 years. This will be our first time to stay in calis. We have been over on water taxi and eaten on the front once. Please can someone give us good ideas where to eat, where the market is and any other tips. We know fethiye well so will pop there a few times. We are staying at sea star. I have had a brief look on Cali's beach forum, its grear but feels more geared to people living/having houses there. Where is good to eat a way from the front. Many thanks

16 replies to this topic
Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 60
1. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

So many restaurants in Calis and we all have our favourites. I think you will find yours too, just walk along look at the menus and speak to the waiters.

So, on the prom.. Vojo's is a restaurant that has only been open a couple of years but is extremely popular as they had entertainment and quiz nights. We have had a lot of good meals there. Casa De Mama is a good choice lovely food. The Yoruk Tents right on the prom where you can sit in a traditional Turkish restaurant and enjoy the entertainment. Our personal favourite is Georges Restaurant which we have been visiting for 9 years now. The Bambu is a good place and you can sit and have cocktails first and then move to the restaurant for a meal. The Nil bar is popular with British people and Eyna have a real coffee machine, They also have a Charity Shop in the Basement run by the local charity the 3C's. For an Indian Meal The Calis Beach Restaurant. Further down towards Koca Calis ther is Guven, Restaurant, The Oben and the Letoon which has an upstairs terrace with great views.

The Main Street in Calis has some great restaurants. The Meeting Point was voted No.1 on the Calis Beach Forum. Mangals, Gunisik, Dawn Beach, The Brothers, Walking up the Main Street away from the prom there is a side road on the right where there is a shop called Pastries & Pies which regulars like for a nice cake and coffee. At the end of this road is Scarletts bar which is open until the early hours of the morning. Back on the Main Street on the left hand side there is a small lane that starts at the Berlin Jewellers walk up this lane and at the end is the old town square there you will find the Guitar Bar which is set around a duck pond with real ducks. They have live entertainment every evening and you get a tambourine on the tablet to join in. Great place for an after dinner drink, however you can also have a meal there, last meal we had there was the cheapest we had in Calis.

On the Market Road, The Cafe Pazzar, The Zayra, Cafe Inn, The Roka All these restaurants are excellent and cheaper than eating on the Prom. We have eaten at the them all.

On the Main Road out of Calis the Shanghai Restaurant for Chinese Food. Aydin Pide is very popular with tourists.

Opposite the Tugay Hotel is the Amber Pide, we have had many good meals there and it's amazingly cheap.

There are restaurants that do deliveries. The Shanghai Blue and also Calista Pizza.

Market is on a Sunday and you can walk our catch the dolmus. Walking from the Main Street away from the prom cross the lights and walk straight up the road, on the right at the second roundabout take a right and this is the Market Road. Lots of Dolmus go up to the market and you can just follow the crowd. We go up early and have breakfast at one of the pancake restaurants there.

As for the Calis Beach Forum, it is a fact that most of the members are tourists who just come to Calis every year. If you ask a question there you will get so many answers from very knowledgeable people.

When are you going to Calis? The last week in May is the Carnival Week, lots going on then including on 25th May a Craft Market in the Main Street with over 200 stalls.

norfolk uk
2. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Frances-Jane, thank you for such a comprehensive list. Really appreciate it, shall take your advice and ask on CBF too. Wow! Didn't realise there were so many places. We have popped over on water taxi but only been to places on the front. Can't even remember names of places. Its nice to have recommendations from people. I hope we find our way around quickly.AAT the moment I have no idea of bearings apart from from where you get water taxi to the prom. We are both really excited to be staying in Cali's this time. Once again, many thanks.

Manchester
reviews: 26
3. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Frances Jane,

very helpful post of yours regards Calis eateries tyvm,

myself the boss and two boys are over there for 10 nights July 11th , can't wait to try some of your suggestions out. Fethiye fish market is also on our must do list ? Plus 12 islands trip and Seklikent gorge ?

thanks again , garweh

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
4. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Yes try the Fish Market, choose your fish and have it cooked at one of the restaurants. I would also recommend that you must try the Mozaik Bahce in Fethiye. usually No.1 on T.A. Traditional Turkish Food in a Garden Restaurant with the best staff at unbelievable prices, once you go you will be hooked. It has won many awards.

Also if you want a night out with free transport there and back try the Kings Garden Restaurant up in the mountains at the back of Fethiye next to the Rock Tombs. Breathtaking views of the area up there. Also free entry to the rock tombs. Ring them or email for a pick up. Saturday is a good night because they have entertainment and dancing.

Book a trip to Sakilkent Gorge at one of the agencies in Calis. Make sure you get the Tlos, Yaka Park and Sakilkent Trip. Firstly you go to the ancient ruins, rock tombs and Ampitheatre at Tlos beautiful place, the bar opposite had a grape vine in the ceiling, they pick you grapes and put them on the table. Next you to to Yaka Park which is up in the mountains and has waterfalls and a trout farm, you have the freshest bbq of fish you will ever eat. If you manage to sit in the freezing cold water for 15 minutes you get a free lunch. Also there are baby trout that swim along a gully in the bar. http://www.yakapark.com After lunch you go on to Sakilkent Gorge, make sure you wear shorts as you get rubber shoes to go in the water (if you wish) also you can try floating down the river on rubber rings. Nice bars at the side of the river to have a drink and some market stalls.

For the 12 islands you should go to the Calis Boat Taxis and ask to book. A couple of the water taxis do these day trips they are much cheaper that the other boats and the Captains wife will be onboard and will cook lunch.

swinton,south...
reviews: 101
5. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Hello LalaPinkFluff,

If you look at top right hand of forum page, you will see ' Questions About Fethiye ', go down the list you will see " Calis Beach Restaurants, Bars & Hotels - Locations.

The list covers the main street & the promenade , be it a few restaurants have changed names, it still gives the majority.

Yorkie !

norfolk uk
6. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Thank you both for helping. Shall look at all the suggestions. Really looking forward to staying somewhere different.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 9
7. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

1 that FJ missed was Barbella, next door to The Meeting Point on the main High St, Emre & Meric serve the most amazing steak platter, highly recommended by me, a fussy eater!

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
8. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Yes just giving a brief idea, could not name every restaurant. I can eat steak in Scotland and it's the best, so it's not top of my list in Turkey, but I know many people look for steak, so thanks for that. Come to Scotland one day Supercabby and try some Aberdeen Angus Steak...that is the unbeatable.

If anyone wants a full list of all the restaurants in Calis Beach, which covers the whole area and not only the prom and Main Street. The Calis Beach Forum have one to download.

Edited: 3:06 pm, May 09, 2014
dunfermline
reviews: 13
9. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Just back last night from Calis.Off the top of my head ,I would recommend Oben at far end of Prom,E and J cafe also on prom recently opened by a young couple - great service.Both italians very good on the front.

Turkish breakfast at the cafe next to Surf Cafe was good and great place to lounge about.

So many places to choose from.

swinton,south...
reviews: 101
10. Re: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations

Oben is our favourite restaurant when visiting, this is the first restaurant we visit. !

Reply to: first holiday calis, restaurants recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye