We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily budget

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Yorkshire
reviews: 3
Daily budget

Hi guys,

We will be staying in Fethiye/Hisaronu in July 2014. We are travelling as a family of three (2 x adults and a 7 year old). We are staying B&B and just wondered if anyone could advise me on a daily budget in Turkish Lira. The budget will include lunch, dinner (2 course) and drinks throughout the day (not big drinkers but will have 2-3 beers with evening meal). We have a separate fund for excursions and gifts so this doesn't need to be included.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Cromarty, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Daily budget

150 tl

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 60
2. Re: Daily budget

It's very difficult to let people know how much to spend, however, if you are staying whole of your holiday in Hisaronu there are many places to eat and you can eat quite cheaply, it's really the alcohol and the soft drinks that can affect your budget.

There is a Forum on T.A. especially for Hisaronu and the members their will probably advise you about the best value places to eat and drink.

This is the link to the Hisaronu Forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g609055-i10906-H…

If you visit Fethiye which is about 25 minutes drive from Hisaronu you will find a working town with a lovely Marina and plenty of restaurants.

Enjoy your holiday.

Fethiye, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 10
3. Re: Daily budget

Paul - after a few days you will soon see where the bargain meals etc are, maybe budget for a bit higher for the days you are searching, but 150 Tl as Peat said, will probably be a good guide.

The big expense may be cold drinks for the young one as costs there soon add up.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
4. Re: Daily budget

Just a thought, if you go to the local Supermarkets, there is one called Azda in Hisaronu, you will be able to buy soft drinks a lot cheaper than in the restaurants. If you have a fridge in your room this would be ideal.

East Yorkshire
reviews: 3
5. Re: Daily budget

Thanks all for your speedy responses. Wow 150 TL that's incredible..... That works out to be £50ish per day with the current exchange rates. Sorry if I sound a bit thick but would it be 150TL per person/per day or 150TL per day for the three of us?

Thanks again

Cromarty, United...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Daily budget

For 3

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
7. Re: Daily budget

As I said it's difficult to quote a budget for someone else, however, I think £50.00 a day may be a bit ambitious for some people.

When there are just two of us, we usually spend about 30 TL on lunch and dinner is usually around 100 TL.. (for two). Drinks do run the bill up, we are not huge drinkers, so included in the price are a few drinks. A lot of Turkish Restaurants give you something free, for example, some give you a fruit, meze or puffy bread starter and you may not need a dessert, some give you some fruit after the meal.

Fethiye, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 10
8. Re: Daily budget

Agreed £50 a day is ambitious - but easily do-able once you find the right places.

Hissy restaurants have some great deals - 20 lira or less 3 course meals are a common sight and kids menus often cheaper.

Just watch those drinks bills.

Chelmsford, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Daily budget

We gave just returned from a week in Fethiye and found that eating out was very reasonable. I would say that we probably spent about 150YTL and we were self catering so that included simple Turkish style breakfasts too. There are three of us (2 adults and a 13year old) and our most expensive evening meal was 80YTL. This included beer, glass of wine (which was not cheap at 8 to 10 YTL) and premium soft drinks. We found that portions were very generous and if we had mezes to start then 2 main meals to share between three was more than plenty. Some nights we spent much much less. One lunchtime we had 3 kebab rolls, 2 waters, 2 Turkish teas and a coke for 15YTL. It was one of our best meals!!

We were on a budget so obviously didn't go for fine dining but we were very impressed by the freshness, quality of the food and service in most of the places we ate.

swinton,south...
reviews: 101
10. Re: Daily budget

Hello PaulC,

If also you thinking about going on a few excursions, first don't book through your holiday rep, because they charge more for them.

Also look at booking a few excursions over your holiday, some of the firms will offer a discount if booking 2 or 3 excursions at one go, but main thing always ask for discount if you decide to book a few, one of the best excursions for your money is the 12 islands tour boat trip, price includes pick up from your hotel & lunch aboard the boat, for around £10 - £11 per adult, half price for the youngster, you pay for drinks & extra's such has if you want chips with your lunch.

My friends just come back, & with it being end of season, they got adult price of £5 each, pick-up from hotel & boat trip, including lunch.

We have found has a couple having lunch with a few efe's, bottle's water & pop around 50 T/Lira, evening meal with three efe's for me, a couple of vodka / sprite for the wife, & a coffee around 110 T/Lira.