We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Hi everyone, We are six 40 something women looking for a catamaran to charter for 2 or 3 weeks this year, probably in September. Does anyone have any ideas and recommendations for charter companies, from say, Fethiye or maybe Gocek? We all have sailing experience and I had some great sailing holidays in this area 15 years ago but I guess things have changed since then. Which companies are doing charters these days? We are looking for a top class multi-hull for some great sailing but we want to be able to relax too. Also what itineraries are the best for later in the summer? We want to make the most of the winds but I remember sometimes they were pretty strong so some safe anchorages will be a good idea. And what's happening with all those brilliant little restaurants these days? Are they still there? So many questions! Ideas please.

12 replies to this topic
Bourne End, Bucks
reviews: 15
1. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Try Moorings now based at Yacht Classic Hotel, Fethiye. The yachts moored there look first class and the Yacht Hotel is a good base (Daniel Craig stayed there when filming part of Skyfall last year). There are good facilities, two pools and a good restaurant. Reduction on mooring fee if evening meal taken at hotel restaurant . I think the mooring costs 30ytl per night - water and electric on the pontoon.

http://www.moorings.co.uk/

Am told the boats are well maintained and always new or nearly new.

Suspect the price may reflect that.

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

We have just had a fantastic 2 weeks chartering a 42 foot Lagoon catamaran from Sail Turkey. There were 6 on board the first week and 7 the second week. When we boarded the boat it was immaculate, with all linen and towels for both showering and swimming provided. The boat coped beautifully for all on board with us all having double cabins with en suites. The beds were very comfortable and the living area very spacious for us all. The cushions and bean bags provided, for when you were sitting on the nets were a nice added extra, and just added to the comfort. We just had the most wonderful two weeks experiencing the magic of the Turkish coast and a number of Greek Islands, in a very comfortable style. The owner was very personable and friendly and ensured we had everything we needed before we left. This was truly a memorable experience.

Marcus & Liz Australia

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Further to our last post here is some more detailed information we omitted. The Catamaran was a Lagoon 421 2013 model and just amazing. we chartered our yacht through ww.sailturkey.co.uk and they are well worth enquiring about.

Liz & Marcus

Zaragoza, Spain
4. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Hi, we've just returned from a wonderful cat charter there. We sail a brand new Lagoon 421 from www.sailturkey.uk.co (I think the same one as Liz and Marcus). Can (Jan), the owner is a great and warm person that has his boat fully equipped with some very interesting extras (kayaks, bbq, ice cube maker, etc) he will treat you very well and will do whatever needed to help you there. We also went to Yacht Classic Hotel that is great and conveniently situated just by the marina. Have a good Holiday!

Manuel Medrano

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Greetings fellow sailors, We have just had the great pleasure of sailing on 'Catch Me' - a brand new Lagoon 421 Cat - around the amazing waters of southern Turkey - what an experience!! From the azure colour of the water to the striking scenery of the mountains which rise up from the waters edge, every view was of picture postcard quality. This Cat had the surreal ability to offer a 360 degree view from the open plan kitchen/lounge/dining room - yes that is the truth - no matter where you sat at the 8 seater dining table, the view was breath-taking. The kitchen was so well equipped and we in turn, provisioned it following a typical Mediterranean type eating style, that we often chose to forego frequenting the many restaurants that graced the tiny coves and bays which we had the pleasure of sailing into. Life aboard Catch Me was so idyllic that we were truly able to kick back and enjoy each other's company and not crave to go ashore constantly to spend money in the different ports which would have been so easy to do. Due to the fact that Can (the owner) kindly equipped it with a load of extras including kayaks and comfortable outdoor furniture for lazing around in, we were able to enjoy a marvellous dining experience breakfast, lunch and dinner - either inside the dining/kitchen/lounge room or on the alfresco balcony which served as a reading and lying around area during the afternoons when the sun was high and we were all feeling a trifle lazy from the fine Turkish wine and Effies beers we all enjoyed during lunch. Afternoons allowed us to have a relax/siesta prior to jumping overboard into the warm gentle waters of the southern Turkish coastline and enjoy swimming and kayaking. We would often spend from mid morning until a late lunch exploring and walking the coastline often taking in the ruins which seemed to spring up in the most surprising places. Plenty of animals to see also - donkeys, goats, sheep, cows, chickens, tortoises, you name it, it was there right in front of us. Late afternoons found us lounging on the front of the boat on the comfy outdoor furniture downing pre-dinner drinks and enjoying watching the guilets all coming in to anchor-up for the evening. On a scale of 1 – 10, Catch Me was a No 10 over and above what I expected pre boarding her. By the way, did I mention Yoga – yes – the front deck provided Fiona and myself with enough flat space to practice yoga each morning in the sunshine completed surrounded by views so breath-taking – it would “take your breath” literally away. Thank you Can (Sail Turkey) for being a fine host and offering true value for money. Michael and Patricia Ryan

London, United...
6. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Wow... Thank you so much everyone for taking the trouble to write to me with all this wonderful information. Sail Turkey sound like a great company. I guess they must be new on the scene but they seem to be making a big impact on the yachting and sailing scene if this response is anything to go by. I love the idea of chartering Catch Me (what a name!) and the kitchen sounds like it could manage some serious cooking and partying. I will be in touch with this great sounding Can (btw, is that said as it looks?) guy immediately... In the meantime does anybody have any recommendations for itineraries and places to go suitable for six crazy women sailors? I love the idea of early morning yoga as described by Michael and Patricia Ryan. Wind, beautiful places, good food and drink are jostling for position at the top of our list! Ideas please!!!

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Hi Vaneesa B

The owner's name is Can (Jan) but we called him John and he was happy with that. John is a sailor and has started his new venture in charter boats as a lifestyle change from his other business interests, If you need a hire car hotel bookings or whatever John will get you a great deal and discount.

Regards Mick & Patricia Australia

London, United...
8. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Hi Everyone. I really didn't expect to get so much amazing information about catamaran sailing out of Fethiye from Trip Advisor but you have all really come up trumps. I should have got back to you earlier but I have been crazy busy. I thought it would be good to try Sail Turkey so I contacted Can. You guys didn't made it easy for me though, you all made mistakes in the website address!!! But don't worry, all is not lost. I managed to book a holiday for us all at the end of August. I haven't met Can yet but he seems like a really kind, helpful man and what a sexy voice (ha ha) lets hope the reality is just as good. His whole set up sound brilliant. Cant wait to get there. Hang on Can - we're coming! By the way his website is www.sailturkey.co.uk for anyone else who is looking. I let you all know how it goes. Bye for now VB

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 8
9. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Can,

Many thanks for making our holiday so enjoyable. The boat exceeded our expectations and your kindness, wise advice and practical help

were a great bonus. All of us felt that we had received value for money, delivered with courtesy and style.

Hoping to book with you again next year.

Best Regards

Richard

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 8
10. Re: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey

Can,

Many thanks for making our holiday so enjoyable. The boat exceeded our expectations and your kindness, wise advice and practical help

were a great bonus. All of us felt that we had received value for money, delivered with courtesy and style.

Hoping to book with you again next year.

Best Regards

Richard

Reply to: Catamaran charter Fethiye Turkey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye