We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
reviews: 23
Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Hello,

I plan to stay at Duygu Pension in Fethiye next month.. has anyone stayed there??

If not, have you got any information about it?

Originally I wanted to stay at the Irem Pansiyon, also in Fethiye but I have no idea how to book the place.. any tips would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Primarosa

Fethiye
1. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Duygu Pansiyon is a simple BB and muchly preferred by the backpackers as I've heard, 10 minutes walk to the marina and the Fethiye city center

İrem Pansiyon is 00.90.252.6143985

İrem Hotel 00.90.252.6141068

London, United...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Both the Irem and Duygu Pansiyons are in the area called Karagözler which is to the East of the town centre and marina. I don't know the Duygu, but we stayed in the Irem a couple of years ago - it is right across the road from one of the top (most expensive!) hotels in Fethiye - the Ece Saray (you can see pictures of it on the Exclusive Escapes website I think). You have lovely views from the rooms at the front, and it is just a 10 min stroll or so into Paspatur - the old centre. As I recall the room was basic with an ensuite toilet and shower (of the type that floods the floor). It probably didn't have very many hangers (they tend not to!) and most certainly no plug for the basin (they never do!) but it was clean, great location, an outside terrace for breakfast...

Some years before we had stayed at the Ideal Pension further up the hill behind the Irem and it had been really delightful with a charming owner who as soon as we arrived (walk-in) gave us a plate of melon on a lovely terrace with a small garden. When we went back last time the Ideal was full full full - and had become a backpackers hostel and internet cafe and travel agency and all sorts of things - only space left was on the roof! They have a web site if you fancy something like that!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 17
3. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Hi primarosa,

This year a Fethiye colleague Omer, of Tribe Travel Tours, who organises quality cultural Anatolian tours, is running a guest house in Karagozler 1, called 'Yildirim'. I took a peak; rates are very competitive (dorms or individual rooms). www.yildirimguesthouse.com.

They are a decent family and will provide good hospitality. Omer has arranged all sorts of cultural activities in his time - from carpet weaving courses in Kayakoy, to yoga retreats, walking, and can show the guest the 'real' side of Turkey if you have any requirements. Try it out if you can. Happy travels.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Dear all,

I finally decided to stay at the Duygu Pension.. after lookıng out the Ferah Pensıon nearby which I and my partner were not satisfied with.. they offered 20 lira for a dorm bed wıthout AC which we found ridiculous.

Also from the outsıde, Ferah's smelled musty and there was a huge trash bin outside.

We chose Duygu and very very satısfıed. We had a room facing the harbour and we practically had our own terrace. The price was very good too.. we bargained a bit and got outselves a decent en suite room with AC.

All and all, I could highly recommend the Duygu Pension. Thank you everyone for your suggestions!!

London, United...
5. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

So you're back already Primarosa! How did the rest of your trip go? Did you stay anywhere else along the coast, and did you make it to Cappadocia?

Jakarta, Indonesia
6. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Helloo Attagul,

We managed to visit Istanbul and Goreme before heading to Fethiye.

Istanbul was awesome.. we stayed at the Sultanahmet area and walked almost everywhere.. aya sophia, spice bazaar, the eminonu and we took a very romantic sunset cruise in the Bosphorus.

On one night we even managed to walk from the Tophane nargileh spot on the Asian side to our place in Sultanahmet!!

Goreme was different but equally fantastic.. Especially loved the Zelve open air museum, by the time we went there the wild flowers were blooming.

We managed to do mountain biking.. from Goreme to the Devrent valley and back; the view was inspiring.

I could not say much about Fethiye, I'm afraid.. Although Duygu Pension was great and the residential area was pretty, the city center was busy, bustling and.. almost tatty. Most restaurants cater for the British tourists and even serve British food.. fish and chips for example.

And the local food is not as tasty as in Istanbul/Goreme. They have British price too :)

The cheapest chicken kebab was almost 5 YTL, and we had a desert about 9YTL per person.. Not ideal for our budget travel haha..

We were quite disappointed as we have expected better.. my partner continually compared the busy busy beach of Oludeniz to Kuta beach in Bali. Both have lost their original character..

However, we have decided not to let our impression on Turkey changed. Overall, we still enjoyed our trip there.

We have experienced the beauty of the places and the hospitality of Turkish people and we understand now how so many people have fallen to its charm.

We plan to visit Turkey again next year.. this time after Istanbul, we will add Safranbolu and Cirali : ) Fingers crossed…

London, United...
7. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Thanks for getting back Primarosa, and I am so glad you enjoyed Istanbul and Cappadocia. Yes, you're right Fethiye is sort of "tatty" - and there are much nicer places along the coast, but I do still like it and think it still retains a lot of its Turkish character. But just why us Brits want to go abroad and eat the same food as we have at home (I remember the signs in Spain used to say "tea like mother makes"!!) I really don't know.

There is still an awful lot of unspoiled Turkey out there for you to explore! Happy travels next year!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 30
8. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Hi Primarosa,

what a shame you did not find the right place to eat in Fethiye, there are really very good lokanta's where only the locals go.

Another good place is the fish market, buy your fish and bring it to one of the restaurants. Nefis pide has excellent pides and iskender kebab, Samdan is a great lokanta. The toast and fresh juice place on the cultural centre side of the harbor (very very cheap), chicken döner from next to the bus station (the best), and for those who like a good salad either Cafe Oley, and new in town is Cafe Cafe (opposite Jack Wolfskin shop).

Another food place is on the sea front Ozsüt (very close to where you stayed), a chain originally from Istanbul where they serve superb breakfasts and the best böreks.

A last good and cheap option is walk into Carrefour, buy a sandwich, börek or dessert from the bakery inside, it is very very good!

Cheers!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
9. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Thanks for getting back to us Primarosa..about your trip....and happy that you enjoyed your time in Turkey.... I do hope that you can get to Cirali the next time :=))))

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 17
10. Re: Duygu Pension in Fethiye - Any advices?

Hi Primarosa, glad you had lovely holiday and enjoyed Goreme. It is truly a magical place. You must also remember that central Anatolia region is much cheaper area to live than the southern coastal Aegean/Med resorts, and that is why you think prices are high in Fethiye, compared to that. In fact Oludeniz, Kas, Bodrum, Marmaris resorts I think you'll find food prices even higher than in Fethiye. But if you seek non touristic restaurants where locals eat, you can find fair prices. Fethiye has an abundance of these. ( For me, my heart is in Fethiye because of its balance of local people and tourists living in harmony.The Town Council has not spoiled it by building sterile, high-rise hotels along the sea front and I may, if you don't object replace 'tatty' with 'authentic'! )