We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos...

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 5
Mosquitos...

First time to this area - as it looks lovely and green I just wondered if mossies were a problem? Last year in Rhodes the mossies were a bit of a pain in certain areas, but luckily not where we were due to the breeze.

Any info about this area would be gratefully received...

London, United...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mosquitos...

If you type in mosquitos in the Fethiye forum, you will see previous postings on this in the Fethiye area. And if you do the same search in the Dalyan forum, there are loads of suggestions - recommendations range from Marmite, garlic, Sinov, plug in things etc etc!

Just where are you going - actually to Fethiye or where? Check the relevant forum and you are sure to find loads of info.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
2. Re: Mosquitos...

Hi Mandibee,

There are mozzies, but this year it seems less then previous as there was not much rain over the winter.

Usually Oludeniz has more mozzies, and Kaya Köyü less, as this is 200 mtrs above sealevel and it does not get that hot.

Follow the advise how to prevent the bites and you will be fine.

My experience is, a fan in the bedroom keeps them away, better than airco.

And you ask for more info; look here at some pictures from the area:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/

Any more questions, please ask!

England
reviews: 5
3. Re: Mosquitos...

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'll do a search! The location is Letoonia Club, which I think is this forum? Mid-June

4. Re: Mosquitos...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 01, 2009