We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

Which Bodrum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, UK
reviews: 37
Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

My husband and I will be staying in Torba in early September. We have been to Turkey many times but this is our first trip to Bodrum.

Can anyone suggest a boat trip for sight seeing rather than swimming or snorkeling? I'd like to see as much of the Bodrum peninsula coastline as possible without utilising time for 'swimming stops' and ideally I would prefer to arrange and book before we travel.

Alternatively does anyone know of an excursion by road (or a dolmus/bus?) that will take us around the peninsula so that we can visit the various towns and villages in the region?

Many thanks.

Edited: 6:29 pm, August 20, 2013
rotherham
reviews: 72
1. Re: Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

We have stayed inTorba the last 3 years,only boat trips I know of is the ones with all the swim stops..We just get the dolmus into Bodrum it takes only 10 mins then catch another dolmus to other resorts around the peninsula,we find this very easy to do..You can also catch a dolmus up on the top road in Torba going in the opposite direction from Bodrum to Gundagon which we have done,had the morning there and then got another dolmus from there to Yalikivak and spent the afternoon there and then got the dolmus back from there into Bodrum then the dolmus back to Torba,they are very cheap and easy to use..

Have a great holiday

Wendy

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
reviews: 41
2. Re: Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

You would most likely need to hire a private boat for the day to see the coastline without the snorkel/swim stops. You could probably arrange this with one of the local boats in Torba harbor, but I don't know of any operators who offer this cruise with an advance booking.

reviews: 1
3. Re: Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

Does anyone have recommendation for boat day-trips either to a Greek island, or sightseeing/swimming, or just 1/2 day of sailing? Do most boats go out of bodrum town? Any from bitez?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
reviews: 20
4. Re: Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

You can book a boat trip out of Bitez when you get there, they go out every day.

Jak xx

5. Re: Bodrum peninsula coastline boat trip recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum