We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near izmir airport?

Which Izmir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 8
hotel near izmir airport?

I have an 8:45 AM flight out of Izmir. The day before I'll be near Ephesus and I'll have a rental car. I'd appreciate ideas on hot to best work this. My first thought is to check into a hotel near the airport but there don't seem to be any. Should I just spend another night in Selcuk and drive early in the morning? It seems like it would make more sense to stay closer to Izmir. Thanks for any help.

Cesme, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Cesme, Izmir
reviews: 47
1. Re: hotel near izmir airport?

As you suggest, it probably makes sense to stay in Selçuk the extra night and travel to the airport early morning. The journey will take you only about 45 minutes.

On my many journeys to and from the airport, Ünaten Otel, Akçay Caddesi No.262, Gaziemir. (Telephone 0232 252 2525) looks good from the outside if you decide to stay close to the airport.

Another suggestion is:

Trio Hotel, Akçay Caddesi No. 200

Tel: 0232 251 5959

http://www.triohotel.com/en/default.asp

which also looks fine.

Gaziemir is quite close to the airport. The website of the Trio Hotel says it is within walking distance from İzmir's Adnan Menderes Airport. However, I would estimate the distance to the terminal buildings at about 4kms. Not an easy stroll - with luggage!

Edited: 9:50 am, March 09, 2011
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
2. Re: hotel near izmir airport?

Hi,

Hotel Unaten, "unatenotel.com/unatenhotel/…", is a basic 2-star hotel on the same street as Trio Hotel. It is very reasonably priced, and is only 2 km's from the Airport. However, with luggage, you still would need a taxi.

enigma...

Edited: 11:57 am, March 09, 2011
Vermont
reviews: 8
3. Re: hotel near izmir airport?

Thanks!!! These look great!

Columbia, MD
reviews: 7
4. Re: hotel near izmir airport?

This is a late response but hopefully it will be helpful for others looking for a hotel near the Izmir airport. I just stayed at the Orty Airport Hotel right by the airport. The hotel is brand new and very nice.

5. Re: hotel near izmir airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 20, 2012