We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return trip to/ from Mount Nemrut

Which Gaziantep hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Return trip to/ from Mount Nemrut

I will be in SE Turkey and am traveling Antakya - Gaziantep - Sanliurfa - Mardin for two weeks, taking buses between each city. Do people make a day trip to Mount Nemrut from Gaziantep? or is it too far? Or is Sanliurfa a better place to do it from?

My family is from Malatya, and while that's so long ago and know no one there, I thought of dropping Mardin and travelling to Yesilyurt/ Malatya instead because I'm so close. If I did that Nemrut would be a better from there I'm sure.

Any thoughts on this whole thing are MUCH appreciated :D

Troy, New York
reviews: 62
1. Re: Return trip to/ from Mount Nemrut

I went to Kahta from Gaziantep, reached in the evening, did the Nemrut tour in the morning, and went to URfa after that. You could do the same. But Malatya is a little further away from Kahta.

Valley Center...
2. Re: Return trip to/ from Mount Nemrut

Most of the tour groups out of Cappadocia go to Mt Nemrud in the early morning and then on to Saniurfa by afternoon for an ovenight there before returning. You should have no trouble going from there, but being on top for the sunrise is questionable. Prepare for a very cold wind!

3. Re: Return trip to/ from Mount Nemrut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gaziantep