We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

Which Gaziantep hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Troy, New York
reviews: 62
Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

I would be spending about half a day, will reach Gaziantep early in the morning from Kayseri, and would be in Gaziantep till lunch. So, I would like to know:

1. How do I get to the city centre from the otogar?(by bus?)

2. Where do I eat(breakfast and lunch), I am a vegetarian and a budget traveller,so local eateries would be preferable.

3. Where do I buy baklava? I want to buy a lot of it,so which are the cheaper(like non branded) places?

4. Go to the Zeugma museum after visiting the castle, so do I have to tak e a taxi? How much do taxis cost here?

5. From the museum should I go back to the city, or should I go to the otogar?

6. In case I reach very early,or on the previous day, are there places to stay near the otogar?

Thanks,

AShwin.

Troy, New York
1. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

Can anyone help me here?

Reading, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
reviews: 11
2. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

I have a friend who comes from there and if I see h on Facebook I will ask him for u

Angie

Troy, New York
3. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

Sure,thanks.

Great Yarmouth...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

hello have you been to gaziantep yet?

Troy, New York
5. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

No,leaving for turky this week,gaziantep would be around the 10th of May,I'll give al the details of my trip once its done.

Troy, New York
6. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

hi charleybird81, I did go to Antep, it was great, took a bus from the otogar, got down near "bedestan",walked upto the castle, saw the museums,ate katmer,baklava, some cheese pastry, then took a long walk to the Zeugma museum, and then got a bus back to the otogar, although its not easy getting a bus near Zuegma museum.

Great Yarmouth...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

glad to hear you had a good time i am leaving england tonight to go to gaziantep i'm off to see the wonders of rumkale really excited about it

i have heard about the zuegma museum was it good?? might take a trip there as well

Troy, New York
8. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

That's great, Zeugma was beautiful!! and there was a school tour,so had fun interacting with school kids. But I didnt go to Rum kale, was really tired on the last day of my trip, but do tell me how it went.

9. Re: Spending half a day in Gaziantep,how to go about it.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Gaziantep