We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

Which Urgup hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide, australia
reviews: 21
Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

Hi. I have been quoted $ 100 USD for one way car transfer from kayseri airport to Urgup. Is this

comparable with the current cost of a taxi? I cant find any up to date information on the forum.

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
reviews: 26
1. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

You'd be much cheaper with a shared shuttle - book through your hotel or a travel agency such as Turkish Heritage. This will also give you a comparison price for a private xfer- http://www.goreme.com/airport-transfers.php

Chicago
reviews: 11
2. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

Airport shuttles are much less expensive. I've used Peerless for shuttle service to/from Kayseri many times. They do a very good job and are less expensive than other shuttle services.

peerlessexcursions.com/airport-shuttle-bus.h…

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
reviews: 26
3. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

Globe, I could be wrong but I think I read that Peerless have stopped doing the shuttle.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
4. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

If you are flying with Atlas jet dont forget to check their website as there is a FREE transfer service available

http://www.atlasjet.com/fly-and-bus-en

just scroll down the page for info under Kayseri

Edited: 2:34 pm, March 19, 2014
Chicago
reviews: 11
5. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

Yikes - Heido, you are completely correct(!). Very sorry to the OP !!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 27
6. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

If you're not flying with Atlasjet then catch a bus from the airport to the main road, then tram from there to the bus station. There are frequent buses from Kayseri to Ürgüp. All this will take you around 2 hours and cost less than 20 lira.

Alternatively ask the hotel your staying at if they can arrange to pick you up for around 50 lira as that is the going rate for a shuttle.

100usd is 224try which is a lot of money. That is very high. I booked a shared shuttle for 5 people from Alanya to Antalya airport which is 120kms away that cost us 180lira in total as opposed to 75km from Kayseri airport to Ürgüp which you are being quoted 224lira.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 50
7. Re: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup

I agree that this sounds high. Peerless Excursions can arrange a group shuttle, from the Kayseri Airport. We had planned to rent a car, but that is really expensive, and the shuttle vans are comfortable and always going to the Urgup/Cappadocia area. We were taken beyond Urgup up the hill to Uchisar and it still was inexpensive.

Reply to: Taxi Kayseri to Urgup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Urgup