We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 3
Bus from Goreme to Antalya

I will be in Goreme in early May and am planning on taking the night bus to Antalya. I see there are some bus companies online that go from Nevsehir to Antalya. Are there any that leave directly from Goreme? Also, should I worry about booking this bus online in advance or can I wait until I arrive in Goreme?

Thanks for any advice!

8 replies to this topic
Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Almost all leave from Göreme and those that don't the bus company operator a shuttle bus system to take you to the main otogar.

Buy your ticket when you arrive in Göreme,that is soon enough.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Great, thank you for the information! We will buy our tickets when we arrive!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
3. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

for travel in May you really only need to book your bus ticket 1 or 2 days before your travel so you can easily wait until you arrive in goreme. the bus station is located in the center of the town and very easy to find on the main strip.

these are the bus compaines that do have buses in goreme

http://www.metroturizm.com.tr

http://www.suhaturizm.com.tr/index.asp

www.nevsehirlilerseyahat.com.tr/

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Great, thank you for the advice!

Raleigh, North...
5. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Hey! I am taking a trip to Turkey and am considering traveling via bus while in the country. Wondering for those who have already been, how easy is it to communicate given I don't speak Turkish? Did you encounter many English speaking salespersons to assist?

Thanks!

The New Forest, UK
reviews: 11
6. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

If you're travelling the main tourist circuit, I'm pretty sure there will be people at the bus stations who speak a bit of English.

Get yourself a phrasebook, as well.

7. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Can anyone describe the overnight bus experience on this route? During our travels we've had a few bad bus experiences in other countries. I've heard good things about bus travel in turkey, can anyone confirm? What is the layout of the seats? On the website it looks like it is 2 on one side and 1 on the other. I need to talk my wife into taking the overnight bus from Goreme to Antalya, so any information would help!

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 27
8. Re: Bus from Goreme to Antalya

Jamison H, bus travel in Turkey is above par in comparison to many countries as that is the main method of travel for the locals between cities. It is standard to be given snacks, tea, coffee, soft drinks & water on board which is included in the ticket fee. On the more uprmarket buses you get plane type meals which are again included in the ticket fee.

The bus will take a break every 3 hours at a nice road side rest stop for 30 minutes which has a rest room, restaurant, market and other stores selling many fresh local items and produce.

Most buses have 2 seats aisle 2 seats whereas the more upmarket buses have 1 seat aisle 2 seats. The seats on the upmarket buses are very plush & comfy with entertainment on offer rivalling business class air travel.

The bus journey in question will take 9 hours and cost 50 lira pp.

Not sure when you intend to come here but at present there are weekly direct flights.

Pegasus airlines have a direct flight on Wednesday from Kayseri (ASR) at 0040 direct to Antalya (AYT) for 40-60 eur

http://www.flypgs.com/en/

Sunexpress airlines have a direct flight on Tuesday from ASR at 2150 to AYT for 50-115 eur

http://www.sunexpress.com/en

Reply to: Bus from Goreme to Antalya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted