We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in Cappadocia

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 1
one day in Cappadocia

Unfortunately we have only one day to spend. We would like to start with a balloon ride. I am trying to decide what would be the most important places to visit in one day.

Is Turkish Heritage Travel agency good?

Sydney
reviews: 65
1. Re: one day in Cappadocia

Sorry don't know about the travel agency but would highly recommend Cappadocia even for one day. I would suggest you stay in Goreme and book an early morning balloon ride. Then off to the Oztanik underground city and Goreme open air museum and maybe a dinner and Turkish folk dancing in the evening. You will have a tiring but wonderful day.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
reviews: 26
2. Re: one day in Cappadocia

Turkish Heritage have a good reputation on this forum.

What you can do depends on your arival and departure time.

Balloos fly early around 6am so you would probably need to stay the night before.

the balloon flights return in time for you to grab a quick breakfast before joing a Day Tour (your best bet to see as much as possible in such a short time). Day Tours usually end about 5 or 6pm.

If you are flying into the area, do your flights work with these schedules? If not you may need to consider a private tour, which would have the advantage of allowing you to squeeze as many of the highlights as possible into your short visit.

I would try to see an underground city, but not one combined with Ilhara or Sognali hikes in your timescale. I would spend the rest of the day at Goreme Open Air Museum and Pasabag areas.

3. Re: one day in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 02, 2012