We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon companies!

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 7
Hot air balloon companies!

Hi, I've emailed capadocia tours and they informed me about some really cheaper hot air balloon packages. However, I'm not too sure about its reliability since i'm booking online as compared to if i purchase the ticket when i'm at goreme itself?

The cheapest companies that they provide in the list would be:

2-Anatolian Balloon 150 Euro per person.

Our price 105 Euro

3-Alaaddin Balloon 150 Euro per person

Our Price 105 Euro

So i've 2 questions here.

a) are the Anatolian or Alaaddin Balloon companies reliable?

b) is it safe to purchase the hot air balloon tickets online? or should i purchase the tickets at the hostels at Goreme, will they be able to provide such cheap prices?

Thanks!

Chicago
reviews: 11
1. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

If you read the threads, you'll find many 'regulars' recommending that you find a reliable balloon touring company. The prices are very high, but that doesn't mean you should go with the cheapest rate. You want a good team, skilled pilots, who use good judgement and flawless execution. You need to read more of the threads, imo.

Urgup, Turkey
reviews: 3
2. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

Totally agree, it is like paragliding or canyoning, you want the best company with a spotless safety record, not the cheapest one.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
3. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

My wife went with Anatolian. I was on the ground taking photos (hey someone has to do it!). She is still alive, so no complaints. She said the ride was so smooth that it's less motion than an elevator.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 7
4. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies!

I have decided not to stick with the cheaper ones and booked with Goreme company instead!

America's Finest...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

Don't fly with Anatollian you will be sorry. They have 20 balloons packed with 20 people in each. They will lie to you if you think you will be put in a balloon for 10 people. Their person directing the passengers to get into a basket is rude and mean.

Take Kapadocia Balloon and ask for the Mercedes Balloon (it holds 10 people). Make sure you get a basket for a maximum of ten people or don't accept anything else. It's not worth fighting with Germans who will have their elbow in your back the whole time and they refuse to move to allow you to have the great view they may have

If you take the balloon for 20 people it is split in 4 separate baskets, each basket holding 5 people with the driver in the center. These are small narrow areas and not enough for passing especially if the other passengers in your basket are fat. Nobody will give up the front edge view to stand behind someone in the back where it will be very hard to take pictures or see. They usually put men together in the same space and women in another space, they will probably be complete strangers that don't speak your language. Good luck!!

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 109
6. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

I agree with the above, DO NOT USE ANATOLIA, as they are packed balloons.

We used Butterfly Balloons and had a wonderful trip. Captain Mike is the area expert and he took us places the other balloons didn't attempt to go.

7. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:26 am, August 05, 2011
8. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:29 am, August 05, 2011
9. Re: Hot air balloon companies!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 06, 2012