We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking Red Valley

Which Cappadocia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
hiking Red Valley

I am going to be in Cappadocia next week and want to do a day hike so I can take some nice sunset photos. I read that Red Valley will provide some spectacular views during the sunset. Where does the trail start and approximately how long is the hike to the best views during sunset? I want to make sure I have enough time to hike back to civilization! And if you have any other recommendations for great views during the sunset (for optimal lighting for photographs), please share! Thanks.

Goreme, Turkey
reviews: 93
1. Re: hiking Red Valley

The sunset point in Red valley is not so far from Göreme, if you go there directly it takes maybe 30-45 minutes to get there. However, you can spend hours before hiking and taking pictures in Red and Rose valleys, Cavusin, Pasabag and Zelve. There are also many different trails, just ask your hotel or a travel agency for more detailed instructions when you get here.

Another very nice spot for sunset is just above Göreme, about 10 minutes' walk from the centre.

Florida
2. Re: hiking Red Valley

good to know, thanks miasmith!

3. Re: hiking Red Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 15, 2013