We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Which Cappadocia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, TN
reviews: 73
Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Can someone tell me where these two shows are performed in Cappadocia ...as in the specific location? I was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative by booking directly with the venue versus a "tour"? I will have a car one of those two nights and could get there on my own. thanks!!!

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 103
21. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Went to the Whirling Dervish ceremony in Sarihan last night. No pictures during the ceremony. A man next to me was filming the ceremony and was told no pictures one or two minutes into it.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
reviews: 54
22. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Would someone know if the Whirling Dervishes performance is best viewed in Istanbul or cappadoccia? Are costs about the same? A one hour sema at the Hodgpasha centre in Istanbul is TL 70 I think. it is less in centres managed by the Rumi Melevi Institute. TL 50. Since there is much to do of an evening in Istanbul we could save an evening if we view the Dervishes in Cappadoccia which from all accounts is a quiet place. just wondering if there was any major difference in the two shows and which is better?

Troy, New York
reviews: 62
23. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

I had a great time in Cappadocia, Sarihan caravanserai seemed like the best spot, and it was 50 TL. But if you need photographs, you could check out Galata mevlevi in Istanbul.

Ashford, Kent
reviews: 10
24. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Give the Whirling Dervish 'show' a miss. Its not a show its a cultural experience - that's what we were told..one of the chaps on our coach fell asleep...its nothing like the whirling dervish shows that I have seen on other tours. Not entertaining at all, we were even told not to clap as it was inappropriate.

The Turkish night show is good I don't know how much it costs - our tour was for the coach there and free booze no food - sounds good but as soon as the show started the booze stopped flowing. It was in a cave in Cappadocia very near to the river, guessing if you are in the local area its easy to get to, it was near lots of hotels and shops.

Edited: 3:31 am, July 16, 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
25. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Thank you - we were planning to do this the day we fly in but were actually wondering if we might be lulled to sleep! I do realize it is more a cultural experience - a ritual. Was wondering if the whole experience was better in Istanbul, rather than Cappadoccia. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Troy, New York
reviews: 62
26. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

You wont go wrong with any of them ..just dont pay too much(anything more than 50-60TL). And if pictures are more important go for the Galata museum one.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
27. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

Ok. That's fine. Thank you for the tip.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
28. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

bumping up

29. Re: Cappadocia: Whirling Dervish Show & Turkish Night Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 02, 2014