We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Which Kusadasi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any idea about this - I am going to Turkey for about 11 weeks to visit my fiancé and would like to keep in touch with my family back in England.. I am currently with EE/Orange and was planning to just get a Vodafone or Turkcell sim on arrival and put it in my IPhone, would this work??

16 replies to this topic
Hebden Bridge...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Not really an answer to your question, but have you considered going for a combination of Whatsapp for free texting and Skype for free calls? Planty of free WiFi around in Turkey.

Edited: 3:04 am, April 27, 2014
eastbourne
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
reviews: 49
2. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Hi

I dont know the answer to your question but maybe it would be possible to keep in touch through SKYPE on a free wifi which is available at some bars in the town.

eastbourne
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
reviews: 49
3. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Sorry about that Ludden seems like we crossed posts. :-)

england
reviews: 29
4. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

danie a bit of info for you. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k63…

I been going a long time to kus up till a few years ago you could just bye a Turkish sim and put it in your phone you got in the uk,,things diff now,,you must reg your uk phone in turkley,,which you can do at the airport I was told,,,,or bye a phone in turkey,,like said on some post,,you can bye a cheap use one in a phone shop in turkey,,pends if you are coming back,again to turkey,,maybe you bye a new one ,in turkey,,,have fun bye,

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
reviews: 12
5. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

You have to register your phone and be a turkish national. Your boyfriend could register in his name and let you use the phone. If doing this buy a cheap unlocked phone and leavevin turkey. Itis easier and cheaper to use skype and mesaging. Check with your contract for how muchnit costs to text and call. I rarely make a call or text, its all skype with me.

england
6. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

gib,,I got a phone in turkey 3,ish years ago when thay stopped you just getting a sim.,,and I just go to,turk/cell ,when I get to kus,,and get a sim put in,,no probs,,thay just check its reg, in turkey ,,and I am not a Turkish national,

reviews: 7
7. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

Thanks, I thought this would be the easiest thing to do :)

england
8. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

yes danie,,look after your self, and don't rely on other people to much in turkey, if you know what I mean,,

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
reviews: 12
9. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

I will try that bazz, I have done this before, but it then got cut off within 2 weeks, things change so much and depends on who you talk to. The phone shop people are not exactly helpful

england
10. Re: Getting Turkish sim for long stay

yes u shoud have no probs gib,,last season I used AVEA,,sim,,there shop its near,the tansas supermarket in kus,.,,nice girls,,,think it was there sim,that you did not have to pay to much in advance, something like that,,lol, a bit hear on moble sims in turkey,,don't know how much up to date it is. turkeytravelplanner.com/details/Communicatio…

bye

Reply to: Getting Turkish sim for long stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted