We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
reviews: 3
Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Hello

We went to Kas twice last year . First time it was in May and the second time it was in October . However in October, the bus station had moved further out of Dalaman and it cost more to get there by taxi . Very confusing for newbie travellers ! The taxi driver was trying to charge a lot of money but we managed to get his price down . Can anyone advise if same happened to them please ??

The New Forest, UK
reviews: 11
1. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Blimey, I see what you mean, it's well out of town on the main road heading west - maps.google.co.uk/maps…

Maybe get a taxi into Dalaman town and then take a dolmus to the otogar, bit of a hassle though.

Or a transfer to Fethiye otogar - £35?

Edited: 6:41 am, February 28, 2013
wigan
2. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Hi Davidm1

I did think it would be a problem to more people and published on here - but clearly not - we enjoy the local buses and it suits us nicely - perhaps your idea .... better than rip off taxi driver ....

Many thanks for response

Istanbul, Turkey
3. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

This seems to be the thinking nowadays-unfortunately for travellers.Where ever new bus terminals are being built they are all well outside the town centres.I can understand the thinking behind it,i.e. to keep congestion in town centres to a minimum,but it does make things harder :-/

wigan
4. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Hello Sarikanarya

Yes think you are right . Thankyou.

Perhaps we will get a direct transfer - not sure how much or how to order it mind you !!

Istanbul, Turkey
5. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

Depending on what time you land you could take the Havaş airport bus to Fethiye and then the local bus from there.Cheaper than a transfer but probably tales a bit longer.Have a hunt around on the search facility,I'm sure I've seen people recommending local transfer companies to and from Kaş.These you can just book online very easily.

Again depending on flight times you could do transfer bus one way and Havaş the other maybe.....

The New Forest, UK
6. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

I think it's about £70 for a one way transfer to Kas.

Hastings, United...
reviews: 30
7. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

The Havas transfer from Fethiye bus station to Dalaman Airport was excellent.They have a small office in the bus station with the times posted on the window.The bus went to both the domestic and international terminals. But not sure how it operates in the reverse direction.Does anyone have any experience?

wigan
8. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

They depart from dalaman and fetiye in conjunction with Turkish airlines but from the domestic terminal which is a little walk away . So therefore if you land at dalaman at any other time you are stuck with local taxi / buses to fetiye . I agree if you time it well it is a v good service .

The New Forest, UK
9. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

As wW says, the Havas bus only connects with domestic arrivals times, 2 or 3 times a day - havas.net/en/…Dalaman.aspx

Kas
reviews: 1
10. Re: Dalaman bus station has moved ??

You can email the Dalaman Havas address with your date of arrival and they will tell you the times the buses leave that day.

When I last caught the Havas to Fethiye Pegasus also had a bus service. If it is still running I would imagine that you could still use that even if you didn't fly with them but best to check.

Didn't know they had moved the bus station back. Really puts me off going to Dalaman now. At least Antalya realised how ridiculous it was not having a municipal bus going to the airport.

Get answers to your questions about Kas