We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool and a walk

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Pool and a walk

We are looking for a nice hotel with a swimming pool that is within walking distance (1 mile or so) of the town of kas. Please help.

London
reviews: 10
1. Re: Pool and a walk

There are several, some of the larger ones include the Phellos, Aqua Princess (not Aqua Park which is on the peninsula) and the Hera.

Smaller hotels such as the Hideaway and Oreo Hotel have pools.

All the above are close to town, easily within a 10 minute walk (Kas is quite small!).

There are quite a few hotels on the peninsula which are not within (reasonable) walking distance of town so if you are searching through hotel listings and want something within easy reach of town on foot, avoid any that say that they are on the peninsula.

London, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Pool and a walk

Thanks for such a quick reply. Out of those which would you reccomend. I'm getting dizzy reading all the reviews,

London
reviews: 10
3. Re: Pool and a walk

Sorry, I haven't stayed in a hotel in Kas for some years so it's difficult for me to recommend any particular one. Furthermore, this sort of thing depends so much on what you expect / require of a hotel.

Most of the town hotels are split into two main areas, roughly east and west of the harbour area. The larger ones are generally on the east side and most have many rooms looking westwards towards the sea.

Having been to Kas quite a bit I personally would now choose one of the smaller hotels rather than the bigger ones (not that even they are THAT big !) This is because I prefer the friendliness / personal touch that you generally get in the family run establishments. In addition, I wouldn't be bothered about a pool as in Kas the sea (there are numerous beach platforms) is always close by.

I would take a good look at the reviews but be a little careful of glowing or damning reports from one time reviewers / posters.

Anybody looking for one of the large AI monster complexes is going to be very disappointed with Kas!

A map showing the locations of some of the hotels can be found by following the link below.

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Kas, Turkey
reviews: 6
4. Re: Pool and a walk

Adana has given you great advice (as usual), I agree about peninsula places, also many of the peninsula hotels have a VERY steep walk to the road where you can catch a Kaş city bus. That being said, some also have a shuttle bus, but you need to ask if they do.

You do not say when you plan to stay. If during August you should make a reservation and you will probably not be able to move to another location. If you are coming Apr-early June, you can make a reservation for a night or two and scout around for a "better" place or deal, the same is true if you come from Sep-November. The highest prices and most crowded times are usually July & August, try NOT to come then, it is also very hot during that time. Early fall is delightful in Kaş.

Ramazan this year is 20 Jul – 18 Aug, not a problem to come to Kaş but from 19 - 21 Aug (18th is half-day) many holiday places will be crowded because of Şeker bayramı. 25 – 28 Oct is Kurban (Sacrifice) bayramı, also crowded conditions and high density of travellers.

Here is another Google map of just hotels in Kaş: http://g.co/maps/5ethq

Hotels range from budget through mid-range to deluxe with prices accordingly, although it seems that even the most expensive hotels are cheaper than many I have scouted in the EU.

I have stayed at the Medusa (east side) which is a delux hotel, very modern, we liked it very much BUT there are steep steps up to the entrance. You will get your exercise returning to the hotel daily, the sunset views are spectacular if you get a sea side room.

My daughter and friends stayed at Kale hotel last season, it is just above the road going to the ancient theatre. Amazing views from the top floors, reasonable rates, staff speak Turkish, German and some English but email them in English and they will understand. I consider it mid-range

Oreo hotel is a 10 minute walk UP from the main harbour area. Very nice, well-worn but clean and the manager is an extremely friendly and smiling lady who prides herself on her evening outdoor buffets. It is considered budget.

5. Re: Pool and a walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kas