We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motor boat hire

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, United...
Motor boat hire

Hi

Last year in Kalkan , we rented a self-drive, low power motor boat (think 15hp!!) and had a lovely day making our way slowly (!) along the coast and stopping for a swim.

Would anyone know of anywhere in Kas that offers the same thing please?

Many thanks

Solihull, United...
1. Re: Motor boat hire

sorry to "bump" my message but just hoping that someone may have an answer for me please.

If there aren't any motor boats, is it possible to hire kayaks or canoes from any of the beach clubs please?

thanks

istanbul
2. Re: Motor boat hire

I am sorry that you did not receive any responses from Kas residents or DEs.

We were at Ucagiz, the small village at Kekova Bay where there are many boats and cruises take off and have seen quite a few kayakers.

I am sure that the kayaks were either rented at Ucagiz or brought on a boat from Kas.

I am sure that you can find both the small boat and the kayaks at Kas but will strongly advise that you get to ucagiz for this (going by land may actually be cheaper.

We stayed at a decent B&B at the entrance to Ucagiz village called Telemen's. He had a small fishing boat and took us out, harpooned and grilled fish for us as well.

I wrote a trip report on that whole trip on Fodor's, and my wife esercelebiler posted some photos on webshots or picasa :

fodors.com/community/fodorite-lounge/fumblin…

Kas, Turkey
reviews: 15
3. Re: Motor boat hire

Dear sir ,

There are some boats that you can rent for a day. But I m not sure if you could hire a boat on your own. When you come to Kas just walk through the harbour and ask for it or if you want to come and see our boat Ask for Gulsah 1 boat and Cpt. Ergun. I might help you when you arrive . If you want to hire a crewed boat I can also rent you my boat. You can check it out on here too . You need to search for Cpt. Ergun on search link .

Best Regards.

Cpt. Ergun

Chester, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Motor boat hire

Hi

I have heard alot of good reports about Captain Ergun's boat - just look at the amazing reviews here on Trip Adviser - but if you need further help when you get to Kas, Volkan in Koclar Travel just up the hill from the main square would be a good source too. I know he can organise kayaks - some even with glass bottoms so you can view historical ruins on the sea bed as you pass over them!

Cheers

London
reviews: 10
5. Re: Motor boat hire

I have never seen any boats in Kas that are available for hire without a crew.

If you decide to go on a boat trip there are quite a number of boats of varying sizes that are available for private hire and will provide food etc as well as the local knowledge that is often needed to get the best out of your time.

My preference is the Batin 2 boat which is owned and captained by 'Garlic Ali'. We have been out with him many times, including twice in the last week, and have had a great day everytime. With a bit of luck we can squeeze another trip with him before we go home.

www.batinboat.co.uk

www.facebook.com/batinboat

Solihull, United...
6. Re: Motor boat hire

thanks for the replies everyone.

otherchelebri - followed the link to your report on fodor - fantastic, v informative & interesting. have only had time to read about half of it so hope to look at the rest over the weekend. thank you so much!

captain Ergun - i have read some really good reviews about your boat trips, so we will be sure to look for you when we visit Kas. Thank you

not long to go now....can't wait!

7. Re: Motor boat hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kas