We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kas/Ucagiz

Which Kas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Kas/Ucagiz

Visiting Kas/Ucagiz for a week late May/early June and not hiring a car. wondering whether it would be best to stay in Kas and do day trips to places like Ucagiz. Just want to hang out in a not too busy place, but have a choice of a few restaurants and options for day trips, but not sure how it would be transport wise if we stayed in Ucagiz. Are there a bus services so early in the season? Can anyone help??

Hebden Bridge...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

Ucagiz is very quiet, even in high season, except for day trippers, who arrive to go on boat trips, and all disappear by mid-afternoon. It is a lovely, scenic place but there is very little to do. I would only stay there for one or two days at the most, unless you are outward bound types who like lots of walking.

Given that you say you would like a selection of restaurants and day trips, I would suggest that you stay in Kas.

I would presume that there will be local Dolmus down to Ucagiz, but possibly only one or two a day at that time of year - you would have to ask in Kas about frequency/times. There will be quite a few organised trips including Ucagiz available from the local agencies.

sydney
2. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

Thank you - you have been very helpful.

Kas, Turkey
reviews: 6
3. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

I agree with luddenturk, Kaş is the place to stay and organize your activities around there. Several travel/adventure agencies are located there along with car and scooter rental places so getting out and around is no problem. Turkey has an incredible public transportation system, all but the most remotest villages have a bus going through them on a regular basis. Ucagiz is usually seen as Kekova on a dolmuş or local bus.

sydney
4. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

Thank you both for your help on this. I have since been reading up on Cirali, which looks amazing, but I am wondering if it would be much the same as Ucagiz as far as transport is concerned. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Gocek, Turkey
5. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

You could get to Cirali by bus from Kas - the Fethiye-Antalya regular coastal bus service will drop you off at the turn off to Cirali and then you can either wait for the dolmus or get a taxi.

Personally, I find the area around Ucagiz/Simena/Kekova more attractive than Cirali. If you stayed in Cirali rather than Kas, you'd be pretty isolated without a car.

sydney
6. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

Thanks for your help.

7. Re: Kas/Ucagiz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:39 am, April 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kas