We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

Which Kalkan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkhamsted, United...
reviews: 4
Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

Has anybody used this company. It seems they much cheaper if you just give them English cash at airport hen collecting car. Thats fine with me but are there any catches ?

Don't mind if cars have many miles provided they safe and reliable

26 replies to this topic
London, United...
11. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

I have used them for years,would highly recommend them,good cars,always reliable,and a friendly service.

12. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, April 17, 2013

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
13. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

I just did an online request, this is on the request

Hire Cost 640.00 CAD

Car Location Cost. 80.00 CAD

Cash Price 720.00 CAD;

Credit Card Price 871.20 CAD / 1580.18 YTL

Payable upon collection/delivery of car

If you pay by credit card an extra bank commission charge will apply, also you will be charged the YTL Rate.

Is it really 150 CAD less if pay in cash? Can I use Canadian dollars?

Berkhamsted, United...
reviews: 4
14. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

As regards CAD I suggest you email Mehmet at Pandora. He was always very good replying to emails to me. My experience is that its only GBP cash he's interested in which you just hand over when he gives you the car. The whole set up is very relaxed . He seems to be way cheaper than others if you happy using GBP cash and is very receptive to your requests eg our friends arriving Dalaman at night didnt want to drive straight away so a driver took them to their hotel 30mins away in Gocek and left the car there for them to drive the next morning. No extra charge - great service.

I'm very happy with cash but there are risks on both sides I guess and it really needs you to trust him and him to trust you I suppose.

So I would use him again but he's not without problems. He appeared overstretched when we hired and we waited a long time at meeting area outside the airport building.

The car we had was really roomy for 4 people and looked great value. However it turned out to have a slow puncture and worst of all the fuel just wasnt getting to the engine resulting in total inability to go up hills (bad news in Turkey!). Fortunately we needed to go back to Dalaman 2 days later so he agreed to look at the car there ( I dont think he thought there was a problem with engine). However car engine temporarily 'flooded' going up hill on way to airport so when we got there we insisted on replacement car. Bit surprised but he agreed and just walked over to another couple picking up their car and told them to move away as we were taking the car originally allocated to them! (I'm sure he found another car for them - as I say , very relaxed!). Our replacement car was less spacious but still good and got up the hills fine!

It seems from most of the posts that the problem we had was rare and anyway it was all eventually settled. So I hope people continue to use Pandora and they still offering good cash deals next time I come to Turkey!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 18
15. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

I guess i am slightly worried about a cash deal. In the car rental world that seems a little shady and there is no added protection for the insurance piece that my VISA would offer

Peterhead, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
reviews: 60
16. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

I think you also have to be careful of members on T.A. who have joined a year ago posted three times, but only posted about one company.

So before you book with any company check the reviews and how many posts the reviewers have made.

If you are staying in Kalkan better to use a local company that will be at hand if there is a problem as Dalaman is about 2 hours by road away from Kalkan.

Go to the search facility and look at car hire, there will probably be lots of recommendations.

We always use the same local company to us and have never had a problem. Recently our neighbours used Oscar's Car hire and got a lovely car which really impressed us for £17.50 GBP per day. I have to say this is not a company we have used, but may do in the future after seeing how good the neighbours deal was.

Edited: 3:21 pm, October 27, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 29
17. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

We also used Pandora Car Rental in September 2012 and were pleased with the service. You can send your personal driver information by e-mail before your trip and have the forms simply signed at your arrival (saves time). Since I saw that someone on the forum had a problem with a credit card we paid cash and had absolutely no problem. It would be good to have some Turkish Lira with you on arrival to pay the parking (I think it was 8 Liras, about 3.5 Euro). The car that we had was a basic car (I believe a local production) but since in Turkey the roads are not good and the speed limit is about 80 km/h, the car was perfect for our needs. The car was indeed new and seemed in a good condition. We were two women :-) and did not have problems. So have a good trip!

Nottingham
reviews: 2
18. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

Does anyone know if Pandora Car Hire is closed? I've emailed them several times for a quote but have had no reply. We've used them before without problem but it's odd that they are not responding. Might have to use someone else in future!

19. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:06 pm, April 16, 2013

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 14
20. Re: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman

We have rented from Pandora and would never do it again.

We asked for a car with AC, but it was an older car and instead air conditioning was only blowing in the hot air from outside, it was 37 degrees C in the car, just awful.

On top of that, the gear stick came off so we were left with a bare metal stick, really not very reassuring.

Not to mentioned that we booked SatNav, and were told upon arrival that the company just run out of SatNavs. We very lost looking for our accommodation, driving up and down the hills of Kalkan with the 37 degrees inside.

Looking back, I would gladly pay a bit more for a more pleasant driving experience.

Reply to: Pandora Car Hire Dalaman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalkan