We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
county durham...
reviews: 3
Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Hi I'm considering going to the royal wings hotel in Antalya . But i like somewhere to walk around on a night as we have a little boy who doesn't like loud music etc. I've read the reviews that most of the entertainment is in the hotels but I like somewhere where there bars and restaurant and shop to stroll along to. Can anyone give any advise or recommend somewhere that had loads to do for my son and that accommodation us also. Thank you

scotland
reviews: 83
1. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Not much outside hotels in this area really

Essex
reviews: 61
2. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Heblady is correct, there is virtually nothing outside on the Lara Beach strip. A few grubby cafes, some hard selling shops , but generally its like walking through Syria on a bad day, the pavements are more rubble paths. This area is more a ''remain in your hotel area'' !!!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
reviews: 74
3. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Oh-but-it-is

I think your description is a little OTT and all the paths have been re-done now and a cycle path added.Yes it is not that scenic from the main road and busy but grubby cafes? Lara beach is clean and well kept. Have you been to Syria ??

People go to Lara for the beautiful hotels and the views are good from the beach towards the mountains and alot of people never leave the self contained hotels.

canmom described it has reminding her of Vegas !

bessiejane,

Maybe Side would suit you better but the quality of the hotels is not quite the same as In lara and a much longer transfer.

The Barut Hemera in Side might tick some boxes for you and is on a lovely promanade so you can walk in to Side.

Edited: 3:37 am, October 21, 2012
scotland
reviews: 83
4. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

I agree Toady..The hotels are such high quality and the shops I saw are clean..To be honest I got much better qualiry stuff there than in Belek

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Belek, Antalya
reviews: 74
5. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

heblady since you last went there have been lots of new shops open and there is a nice sports bar which was just about to open at Easter and the new Migos Supermarket!

I accept lara is not for everyone but never seen anything grubby looking.Even the roads are all made up and planting in the centre.

The first time we went it was a building site but never stopped us returning time and again.

lancs
reviews: 11
6. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

I think as well it depends on what time of year you are going. We went in July and it was too hot to venture out anywhere! To be honest though we were more than happy to stay in the hotel grounds as there was just so much to do. A first for us!

yorkshire
reviews: 5
7. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

There isn't much to do outside the royal wings other than cross the busy road and visit a huge beautiful shopping mall!.. However agree the hotels on this strip are set out and equipped so you don't have to venture out, the royal rings has a funfair open on a evening, chilled out bars games area, and whilst the entertainment is on there is lobby or pool bar ... Xx

lancs
reviews: 11
8. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

Agree. The lara beach hotels are so fabulous we didnt feel the need to venture out.

St Helens, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

im going to laura beach in december i like a walk after my tea round the shops shops loved all the posts

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 26
10. Re: Things to do outside of hotel in Lara beach resort

I'd agree, we are in Lara at the moment. Had a few days of rain and there is nothing at all to do nearby