We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with a baby????

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tyne & Wear
Travelling with a baby????

Has anyone any experiences of holidaying in Alanya with a baby. We are due to travel there in two weeks time with our 7 month old daughter.

I am keen to know whether we can get hold of european branded baby food & nappies otherwise I will need a case the size of a truck to take all we need across with us. Can anyone help?

United Kingdom
reviews: 3
1. Re: Travelling with a baby????

I have travelled to Turkey numerous times as a couple but never with a baby and I would not recommend it unless you are staying in a minimum 4 star hotel (and check the write ups to ensure the classification is correct). Antayla and that part of the coast is much more up market than the Aegean coast of Turkey, however I would not imagine that you would be able to purchase European branded baby food or nappies.

Ballymoney, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Travelling with a baby????

Please dont be worrying about taking a baby to Turkey, you will be fine.

Babies are adored in Turkey and you will never need a babysitter. Take the baby out with you in the evening for a meal and theres a good chance one of the waiters will mind the baby while you eat :) Certainly they will warm bottles or food. No matter where you go you will be welcomed

Look for either a Tanas,Gima or Migros supermarket for baby food - loads cheaper then the chemist. Prima nappies are the same as pampers. Do take your own formula as its pretty expensive there and try to get Nestle bottled water to make it up - lowest sodium content.

If your baby drinks milk then the word for milk is SUT and is readily available in UHT form everywhere but you can also get pasturised in bigger supermarkets (in the fridges) The Pinar brand tastes most like ours. In hotels its usually full fat milk on offer

Dont forget mozzie repellent and a net for the buggy and also antihistimine cream in case of bites.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
reviews: 35
3. Re: Travelling with a baby????

Don't worry you will find everything that you need. "Prima" for diapers same like pampers and huggies are now available in Turkey. Baby food ( Hero baby and others bu I can't remember the name)in jars as well. Check out "Toys are Us" in the Antalya MMMigros shopping mall but also pharmacies and markets will carry most of these brands.