We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Which Antalya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hamilton
Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Flying from Glasgow to Antalya on Sunday 12th June.Would I be better buying Duty Free Vodka and Cigs at Glasgow Airport before flight or does TC count this as part of your hand luggage entitlement,or better to get onboard flight flying out to Turkey.

Many Thanks

Davie

scotland
reviews: 83
1. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

I bought my cigs and champers at the airport..no problem :-)

lancashire
reviews: 14
2. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

I usually get mine at airport too,find sometimes by time they get to you on plane they run out of brand you want. Dave just check tickets 12th is saturday

hamilton
3. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Thanks both for your advice will buy at Glasgow Airport and apologies to Lancashirejar as its defo Sunday 13th we fly out and not the 12th well spotted.......can only put it down to my age

Many Thanks once again

Davie

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 10
4. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

money saving expert did a piece on duty free and how you may be cheaper uying in the supermarket or boots before you go.

This is the link to the duty free shop so you cn have a look at all their prices and compare it to local shops to see if you are actually saving money or being conned in the duty free.

www.worlddutyfree.com/wine-and-spirits.html

Hope this helps

scotland
5. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Glasgow airport have very good duty free...fags £90 for 1,000

Edited: 4:00 pm, June 08, 2010
hamilton
6. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Thanks Sanag and Heblady

TC as far as I can see will sell 1 Ltr Smirnoff Blue Label at £11 but special offer at Glasgow Airport equates to 2 Ltrs of Smirnoff Red Label at £18 so I think I will slum it on that one and at least be guaranteed of getting said Vodka cos knowing my luck TC will have run out b4 the Trollet Dollies get to my aisle!!!!Heblady isn't that a bit risky taking that amount of cigs into Turkey or is that what life is all about? LOL

Many Thanks

Davie

scotland
7. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Davie..I always do it..no matter which place I go ( not EU) and so far nobody has told me I cant :-)

Plymouth
reviews: 23
8. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

I bought 400 cigarettes at Bristol airport for £47 for my Mum only to get on plane to find same quantity £35!

I bought two bottles of blue label smirnoff on plane way home for £20 rip of prices at Antalya duty free. Food and drink very expensive so eat plenty at hotel before airport.

scotland
9. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

I agree about the airport..horrific prices , in the wee small hours it is a million times worse.

hamilton
10. Re: Duty Free On Thomas Cook Flights

Many Thanks

To all for your replies

Cheers

Davie