We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to long.

Which Alanya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
reviews: 6
to long.

hi trip advizer can you please tell me why it now takes nearly 3 hours from antalya airport to alanya. and why english holiday firms are not using pasha airport its only 15 - 20 minutes away from alanya. ? thank you im going back to alanya 24 september and not looking forward to the bus travel from antalya airport to alanya.. thank you once again. look forward to hearing from you.

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 1
1. Re: to long.

I remember it being a 2 hour journey but not 3.Perhaps they're now serving more hotels,perhaps it is road works.

Why not Gazipaşa?Probably planes too big for the runway,maybe not enough people going to Alanya,most go into Antalya for the city itself,Lara Beach,Side,Belek,etc.only a small proportion go to Alanya compared to them.

Alanya
2. Re: to long.

No UK operators currently using Gazipasa. For 2012, flights from Germany, Holland, Finland and Sweden have been confirmed.

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 1
3. Re: to long.

All of whose visitors tend to go to Alanya more than the resorts served by Antalya.Sound economical sense from the tour operators.

Alanya
reviews: 18
4. Re: to long.

Antalya is the main International airport for the region. Gazipaşa only starting functioning as an airport in the last 18months. Tour operators and travel firms are businesses who have to have established contracts all done well in advance and for a determined time period plus a certain degree of standard has to be reached to make those contracts...it is probabley to soon for Gazipaşa and having been to the aiport at Gazipaşa it is in no way ready to service the amount of traffic that the big tour operators bring. Another thing to consider is that if there is more use of Gazipaşa then the airspace above Alanya would get noticeable louder and I for one would not enjoy that.

As for the Antalya transfer its a bind I know but it really only should take 2hrs not three - I can drive it in 1.5 hrs!! Maybe look for a transfer with one of the shuttles like Classical tours or resort hoppa - they do not have to stop at services as the tour operated transfers have to do..

5. Re: to long.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, May 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Alanya
More Alanya Topics